PDA

View Full Version : DEAD - VTech Kidizoom Plus Digital Camera (pink) $19.99 + FS

msmouse523
11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
I've been searching around for a camera for DD for Christmas and came across this deal on Target.com. It's on sale for $19.99 (reg. $59.99) and there's free shipping! This is the best deal I've seen...I think it's because you have to pre-order it. It'll ship in 2-4 weeks. It had pretty good reviews on Amazon.

http://www.target.com/VTech-80-077361-Kidizoom-Plus-Pink/dp/B002FOCXD6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&frombrowse=0&node=1038576&keywords=vtech%20kidizoom&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&id=VTech%2080-077361%20Kidizoom%20Plus%20Pink&field_availability=-2&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Cta rget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=target104545&searchPage=1&field_keywords=vtech%20kidizoom

sewarsh
11-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks so much! My DD's been askign for camera, but she's still on the younger side adn i just could not bring myself to drop $50+ on a camera, espeically when reviews seem to be all over the place.

Anyways, this particular camera got really great reviews on amazon...'http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Preschool-Learning-Kidizoom-Plus/dp/B000Z4RKSQ

I also went through parenting privledges for an additional 5% back or you could use ebates for 4%.

msmouse523
11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Ugh...I totally forgot about ebates!

I couldn't click on your Amazon.com link. In case anyone wants to check out the reviews, here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z4RKSQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001FB5PRG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=141RHZ6MMH9ZCCTFYHMG

sewarsh
11-01-2009, 11:44 PM
i know..you get so caught up and excited. i was literally 1 click away from Order and i thought of ebates. I'm sure DD will love it and I won't care if it breaks or is bad quality since its only $20. Thx again!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I forgot about AAA, argh...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
ETA- I went through AAA and canceled my first order! YAY! Saved $2!!!:cheerleader1:

spunkybaby
11-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks for posting! We've been thinking about buying DD1 a camera, and this looks perfect for her to learn on. You can receive the 10% AAA discount by shopping through www.aaa.com/target.

doberbrat
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
how do I order? when I click on the link it says I can be notified when its available...?

I dont see a preorder option...

sewarsh
11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
how do I order? when I click on the link it says I can be notified when its available...?

I dont see a preorder option...

It must not be avail anymore. when i bought it last night there was definately a way to add to cart and purchase (just on 4 week backorder).

msmouse523
11-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Looks like it's dead now.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
ARRRGGGHHHH. Just got an e-mail canceling the order. I was so excited! I HATE when they do that!

sewarsh
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
ARRRGGGHHHH. Just got an e-mail canceling the order. I was so excited! I HATE when they do that!

ME TOO!! Here's what they said. SOO MAD!

Thank you for shopping at Target.com. Unfortunately, the following item is not currently available from any of our sources. VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink. We have cancelled this item from your order and can't say for sureif it might be back in stock. If you are still interested please check back every once in a while to see if it's available. Please note that if you took advantage of a promotional offer whenplacing this order, this cancellation may affect your order'seligibility for that offer. If you discover this to be the case,please contact Guest Services so that we may reimburse you for thevalue of the promotional offer. You can send an e-mail to GuestServices from the following URL: http://www.target.com/contact-us To view the current status and the costs associated with your order,please visit My Account (http://www.target.com/my-account). Because you only pay for items when we ship them to you, your creditcard has not been charged for this item. Thank you for being a valued Guest. We hope you visit us again. Sincerely, Guest Service DepartmentTarget.comwww.target.com

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
ME TOO!! Here's what they said. SOO MAD!

Thank you for shopping at Target.com. Unfortunately, the following item is not currently available from any of our sources. VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink. We have cancelled this item from your order and can't say for sureif it might be back in stock. If you are still interested please check back every once in a while to see if it's available. Please note that if you took advantage of a promotional offer whenplacing this order, this cancellation may affect your order'seligibility for that offer. If you discover this to be the case,please contact Guest Services so that we may reimburse you for thevalue of the promotional offer. You can send an e-mail to GuestServices from the following URL: http://www.target.com/contact-us To view the current status and the costs associated with your order,please visit My Account (http://www.target.com/my-account). Because you only pay for items when we ship them to you, your creditcard has not been charged for this item. Thank you for being a valued Guest. We hope you visit us again. Sincerely, Guest Service DepartmentTarget.comwww.target.com

EXACT same message I got. Wonder if it was a pricing error?

msmouse523
11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I was so excited for finding it at that price! I'm going to call and complain. Not sure if they'll do anything about it or not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

spunkybaby
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm disappointed too :(

Do you think anyone received the camera for $19.99?

nrp
11-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, I got the same email. I called and the representative said he would give me a $10 credit on my account. At first I asked to get the other vtech camera for the same price (which isn't as nice, but close enough for my purposes). He wouldn't do that, but he gave me the $10 credit "for my trouble." The thing that irked me a bit is that the original camera is in stock at every target around me, but they can't get in online? Still, I don't want to complain more, as I think it was a fair resolution.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-06-2009, 01:37 AM
I am so PO':angry-smiley-005:D!!!!!!!!

msmouse523
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
I am so PO':angry-smiley-005:D!!!!!!!!

Me too!! I don't understand how they can have this item in stock in stores and not online. Like nrp, I was given a $10 credit for the inconvenience, but I'm still peeved at them.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I called twice, the first person was not helpful, but the second was.

I assume they will get them back in stock soon. This is the e-mail I convinced her to send me...

"Greetings from Target.com!

This e-mail is to confirm our conversation today regarding the item VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink. As an exemption once the item back in stock, we will still honor the same item price which is $19.99 also the free shipping promotion.
"

So if it comes back, I get it for $19.99 still...I hope it comes back before the holiday season. I cannot understand why they don't do the same thing for everyone that calls. So inconsistent!

sewarsh
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I called 2x and finally got a customer service rep to actually SEND me an email stating the following:

"Hello, the item VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink-Item Price: $19.99 is still out of stock but don't you worry once the item will be available you can reorder the item and we will honor the same price of the item."

Now we just have to stalk the website to see when its back in stock. annoying, but since its such a great price, i'll deal with ti.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I called 2x and finally got a customer service rep to actually SEND me an email stating the following:

"Hello, the item VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink-Item Price: $19.99 is still out of stock but don't you worry once the item will be available you can reorder the item and we will honor the same price of the item."

Now we just have to stalk the website to see when its back in stock. annoying, but since its such a great price, i'll deal with ti.

Check your e-mail, it is back in stock! I just placed my order. It is on sale for $39.99, leading me to believe they messed up and put it at $19.99 instead of $39.99 last time. Remind them of the FS, too.

msmouse523
11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Check your e-mail, it is back in stock! I just placed my order. It is on sale for $39.99, leading me to believe they messed up and put it at $19.99 instead of $39.99 last time. Remind them of the FS, too.

WOO HOO! I just placed my order too.

sewarsh
11-10-2009, 09:52 PM
WOO HOO! I just placed my order too.

YES!!! Just got mine at the same price ($19.99 + tax + $0 ship). Thanks so much for posting its back in stock Belle!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-10-2009, 10:41 PM
YES!!! Just got mine at the same price ($19.99 + tax + $0 ship). Thanks so much for posting its back in stock Belle!

My pleasure ladies! Our kiddos will be happy with the cameras, us mama's with the bargain!:cheerleader1:

sewarsh
11-10-2009, 10:47 PM
My pleasure ladies! Our kiddos will be happy with the cameras, us mama's with the bargain!:cheerleader1:

My husband gets a kick out of "us ladies"! I say make fun of me all you want, I love a GREAT bargain!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-10-2009, 11:56 PM
My husband gets a kick out of "us ladies"! I say make fun of me all you want, I love a GREAT bargain!

Me, too! My DH thinks it's funny, too.:bouncy:Bargains make me happy!

spunkybaby
11-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the tip that the camera is back in stock!

I had not called to complain about my original order being cancelled, but when I saw this updated thread, I called Target at 1-800-591-3869 and asked if I could reorder the camera at the $19.99 price. The customer service rep gave me a $20 promotional credit to make up the difference between the current $39.99 price and the former $19.99 price.

I also asked about free shipping, but he was unable to offer that. I figured that was okay since the camera is shipping for free with a $50 purchase. So I found a $15 hairdryer to add to my shopping cart and was able to complete my order with free shipping. The only thing that didn't work is when I went through the AAA shopping link, I didn't receive my 10% discount--I'm guessing that you can't have two "promotional credits." So I went through ebates for 3% cashback instead.

DD1 will be *thrilled* with her new pink camera--what a great Christmas gift! And DH is pleased too :) Thank you, OP & BelleoftheBallFlagstaff!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-11-2009, 06:31 PM
IT SHIPPED!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!:cheerleader1:
I was a bit nervous it would be canceled again, I must admit!!!!
This is one of my best bargains EVER!:bowdown: OP

VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink

Quantity Shipped: 1
$39.99

Item Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping: $5.76
Sales Tax*: $0.89
Promotion Applied: -$29.76
ORDER TOTAL: $16.88

sewarsh
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
IT SHIPPED!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!:cheerleader1:
I was a bit nervous it would be canceled again, I must admit!!!!
This is one of my best bargains EVER!:bowdown: OP

VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink

Quantity Shipped: 1
$39.99

Item Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping: $5.76
Sales Tax*: $0.89
Promotion Applied: -$29.76
ORDER TOTAL: $16.88

How the heck did you score promotion for $9.76 for shipping?? (Extra $4??)

mine hasn't shipped yet....

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-11-2009, 06:37 PM
How the heck did you score promotion for $9.76 for shipping?? (Extra $4??)

mine hasn't shipped yet....

There was a $4 credit applied to my account. I must have B!t_hed the most!:wink2:

sewarsh
11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
There was a $4 credit applied to my account. I must have B!t_hed the most!:wink2:

Haha. good for you! :)

nrp
11-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Well, I don't know quite how it happened, but somehow I got the camera shipped for $6.24. When I called the lady was a bit confused. I explained that I had gotten a $10 credit, and that they could take that back, that all I wanted was the camera shipped for $20. Somehow after putting me on hold twice for five minutes each time, she came back and said she had placed the order for $6.24! Somehow she gave me a promotional credit for the full $39.99 and then just charged me shipping and then tax on the shipping (??) Even then I tried to tell her I didn't think that was right, but I think she just wanted to get me off the phone. I'm glad for my deal, but I definitely put in the "sweat equity" to get it after two painful phone calls with CS!

sewarsh
11-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Good for you nrp, but now i'm feeling jealous!! JK. i'm very happy with my $20 price tag. AND got email today that it shipped. Hurray!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Well, I don't know quite how it happened, but somehow I got the camera shipped for $6.24. When I called the lady was a bit confused. I explained that I had gotten a $10 credit, and that they could take that back, that all I wanted was the camera shipped for $20. Somehow after putting me on hold twice for five minutes each time, she came back and said she had placed the order for $6.24! Somehow she gave me a promotional credit for the full $39.99 and then just charged me shipping and then tax on the shipping (??) Even then I tried to tell her I didn't think that was right, but I think she just wanted to get me off the phone. I'm glad for my deal, but I definitely put in the "sweat equity" to get it after two painful phone calls with CS!

WOW! GREAT deal, and I though I was rockin' it!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Good for you nrp, but now i'm feeling jealous!! JK. i'm very happy with my $20 price tag. AND got email today that it shipped. Hurray!

I knew yours would ship soon! YAY!

msmouse523
11-12-2009, 11:44 AM

I received my shipment confirmation today too...yippee! :)

I felt so bad telling you all about the great deal only to have your orders cancelled, but I'm glad that everything worked out at the end! nrp...GREAT deal for you!!!

sewarsh
11-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Here we go again...

Got this email today from Target, so not sure what's going on!?

I have a USPS tracking # that states the camera shipped and is expected to be delivered on 11/19 per a prior email.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Dear Shannon,

Thanks for your interest in shopping on Target.com.

We recently sold out of VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink, and can't say for sure when it might be back in stock. Your best bet is to check back every once in a while to see if it's available. If we have inventory on hand, you'll see an "Add to Cart" button on the product description page.

You can also check to see if this item is in stock at a store near you. If you see a "Find It At A Target Store" button on the product description page, click that and enter your zip code or city and state. We'll show you a list of stores in your area that have the item in stock.

If we're out of stock on Target.com in your VTech Kidizoom Plus - Pink, you can also call or visit your local Target store directly with a description of the item. To find the closest store, use the Find a Store link at the bottom of the Target.com home page.

Keep in mind that our selection — online and in our stores — is always changing. Feel free to check back at Target.com or at any Target store to see if we've added this item to our assortment. Inventory differs from store to store, so you might want to check at other stores if there's more than one in your area.

I know how disappointing it can be when you aren't able to get the item you've got your eye on, so I'm sorry if we've let you down. But we still have plenty of other items available, so you're sure to find one you'll love.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we can be of more help to you in the future

sewarsh
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Got the Kidizoom camera in mail today! Hurray!! It came true!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Got the Kidizoom camera in mail today! Hurray!! It came true!!

I KNEW I would find you here today!:wink2: Got mine, too!:cheerleader1:

sewarsh
11-16-2009, 09:48 PM
too funny. did you get the 2nd cancellation email that i got adn posted above?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-16-2009, 11:08 PM
too funny. did you get the 2nd cancellation email that i got adn posted above?

No, thank goodness! Bargain shopping is stressful!:hysterical:

nrp
11-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Got mine today too! Wow, this must be my best deal ever!