PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought from Overstock.com?

ChefGirl
11-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone had any good or bad experience with them. I'm thinking about buying a few items for our house remodeling.

thanks, appreciate your feedback....

infomama
11-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Yep...good experience here with 'The O'

Radosti
11-02-2009, 12:49 AM
All the time.

ChefGirl
11-02-2009, 12:50 AM
All the time.
are there any codes out there? do they even exist?

LexyLou
11-02-2009, 04:03 AM
I LOVE Overstock. Been shopping with them regularly for over 7 years. We've moved 3 times in 7 years and I've totally furnished 3 homes through them.

I've bought everything from our refurbished Dyson (7 years ago and still going strong), to our family room rug, to a leather ottoman, to guest room bedding, to a King bed frame, to lamps and home decor items. Ya, I order a lot from there.

I'm actually about to purchase a couple of chandeliers.

They are awesome and their customer service is top notch and shipping is super fast.

As for coupons. They don't have them often but if you sign up for their email list they sometimes mail them out but you have to click on the email to get it to activate.

I think right now it's $20 off $120.

klwa
11-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Just got one of the American girl mini dolls from them. Shipped within a few days. I've bought other things through them as well over the years.

becca_g
11-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Love overstock.com! Have purchased multiple items over the years ... platform bed, leather dining chairs, leather ottoman, wooden closet system, cabinet hardware, jewelry, sheets, blankets, etc.

Great prices, affordable shipping, and excellent customer service ... received a dining chair with a broken leg, and it was replaced immediately before we even had a chance to box up the broken one.

I receive frequent coupons via email (no code ... have to click on link in email) for purchases and/or shipping.

kozachka
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I've bought a few small items from Overstock over the years and have been very happy with the experience. Do check their return policy. I've never had to return anything but I do remember people complaining about it in the years past. Not sure if it has been updated since.

I think there is a first time customer code, I think it is 10% off. Just google it. Also, make sure to go through through one of the rewards programs. Check which one you like best at www.evreward.com (http://www.evreward.com). Bing gives you up to 10% back on Overstock purchases. And today there is $1 shipping. Hope this helps!

MoJo
12-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks to a tip here, I just placed my first order from Overstock.com this weekend. Then my mom told me about an item there this morning, and I can't find it. The Daisy Scenera I ordered is now gone too. Although they have a different one, at a much higher price.

So, how does the site work? I'm guessing they have fairly limited quantities and sell out quickly based on these two examples. . . and my mom was wanting to see if the price on the artificial Christmas tree she saw would be lower after the holiday. I kind of doubted it when she mentioned it, but now I'm wondering if this ever happens.

I didn't see a FAQ or anything on their site, which is why the BBB is the next place I looked!

shoxie
12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I've had one good experience with them (most recent) and two horrible experiences (one, a couple months ago, and the other a couple of years ago). In any case, they once sent me the wrong item, and after I went through a huge pain in returning it and has proof of delivery (signature, etc.), I could NOT get them to credit my card for 3 weeks until I finally escalated the issue and called the corporate office. It was done in a couple of hours. The other bad experience was them sending an item that was not at all as described. The CS people on the phone seemed to have a script to read off of and couldn't answer any of DH's questions. They also did not have the correct address for the company to which we were supposed to return our item. It eventually got there but took much longer than it sould have because UPS had to hold the package to locate the company. In any case, we finally got resolution, and the last time we ordered (after swearing never to order from them again), it was a positive experience - PHEW!!

mommylamb
12-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I've bought from them and I've generally had good experiences. However, here is one bad experience-- I bought something for my mother a few years ago, and got distracted while putting in my address (I wanted it sent to me so I could give it to her in person), and when I came back to the computer I accidentally typed in my mother's zip code, and pressed enter before I realized what I had done. So, I called Overstock and explained that the address they had was mine, but with the wrong zip code and asked them to correct it. Well, their system was totally incapable of doing so, and they wouldn't let me just cancel the transaction. So, it was mailed out to a non-existent address, and returned to overstock weeks later, at which point, they refunded my money. I had to get my mother something else entirely. After that fiasco, I boycotted them for a couple years.

TwinFoxes
12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow, those leather ottomans are popular, I bought mine from there too! Also a media console and a desk sitting in boxes waiting for DH to build them tonight. The desk was a score. I was going to buy the exact same one from Crate and Barrel, but it was backordered until January. I stumbled acrossed it on O for much cheaper, and $1 shipping. :)

I ordered through Bing and am going through their dispute process to get my money. But I constantly have problems with getting cashback from Bing.