PDA

View Full Version : Dc nonstop sick for 2+mo?

tmarie
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Dd#2 has basically been sick with one cold/virus after another since early September. She is still on an antibiotic for an ear infection, following what appreared to be the flu. And now she is running a fever again and has a runny nose and eyes. At 16mo she has only had one ear infection, but I'm wondering if it could be an ear or adnoid issue? She started school a few months ago, so that I could go back to work PT. But this happened last winter as well....viruses back to back all winter.

Has anyone ever been through this and if so, were you able to resolve it? I don't know if I should be pushing ped to do anything other than treat virus after virus.....I would really like to know if there is an underlying issue.

tmarie

khalloc
11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
My DS had bad luck last winter when he was 9 months old. He was sick with a cold, pneumonia, bronchiolitis, cold, etc...from Jan-May. I dont think we went more than 14 days without seeing the doctor. Finally called it asthma and he is on meds for it now. He just got really sick from simple colds and such. it was tough!

MommyAllison
11-02-2009, 12:52 PM
My kids had cold after cold last fall and winter, peaking with RSV in January. The thing that broke the cycle for us was giving DD an echinacea/zinc/Vit C supplement every day. It was amazing how healthy she stayed after that. This year DS is on it as well, and we have had a very healthy fall so far. We use gummy vitamins, but there are others out there as well. It's hard when their immune system is so run down from constant illness! Hope she gets all the way better soon!

BabyMine
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
The winter and school is bad around here. When M started preschool that winter was horrible. I told my Ped that we were just going to sleep at the office becasue we were there so many times. I hope DD gets better soon.

Indianamom2
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
My Dd#1 is five and she has been sick since mid-Sept. She's had fevers (high and low-grade, at different times) sneezing, runny nose, and a steady cough the entire time that will.not.go.away. I took her to the pedi last week and she is now half-way through a two week course of antibiotics for a sinus infection and minor ear infection (we caught that one early).

You are not alone, but it's maddening.

Christina