PDA

View Full Version : spin off: fake diamonds STUDS-what kind?

cchavez
11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I know several people mentioned wanting fake diamond studs on the what do you want for Cmas thread...I would love some too...what the the difference b/w epiphany and diamonique diamonds? who has the best deal? are there any other brands you recommend? and finally, what size are you getting? thanks!

Sorry....I left out important info!

sidmand
11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Epiphany refers to the band (it's platinum clad silver so less expensive than solid platinum) but the ring still would have Diamonique stones.

I've been pretty impressed with Diamonique in general. I usually go for realistic looking sizes on the stones so about 1 carat or so.

brittone2
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
The link I have saved for the ones I like doesn't seem to be working, but I like these (and they get pretty good reviews)

J14263
Epiphany Platinum Clad Diamonique 2 ct tw Stud Earrings

QVC Price:
$25.00
Shipping & Handling: $3.97

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.J14263.desc.Epiphany-Platinum-Clad-Diamonique-2-ct-tw-Stud-Earrings.cm_scid.zone?cm_sp=MerchZone-_-TopRated-_-1

I had problems with the link so not sure if it will work.
No personal experience w/ these. I think the PP is right and "epiphany" is their platinum-colored finish.

SASM
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Mine are a $6.99 special from Nordstrom Rack. They are round in sterling silver, approximately 0.5ct each. IMO, they look very realistic, both in size and design. I get compliments all the time. Get 2 pairs, just in case you lose one you'll have a spare. Oh...I've been wearing mine for about 3 years and they look just as good as the new spares that I have waiting in the jewelery box. Happy shopping. :)

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I just go to Macy's and pick out a pair of ones from the costume jewelry stuff that looks like diamond. Something like Monet. I don't look for more than just a clear stone and then nice posts. I can usually get them under $20.

Beth

inmypjs
11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Mine are from a very strange place - the Vanity Fair outlet at a nearby outlet mall! This is the same store that sells Lee, Wrangler, etc.

It all started when my mom bought a pair of diamond studs there, and her friends completely thought they were real. She has a couple of friends who IMO are quite into material things. At the time, she and my dad had just sold their business, and all of her friends assumed her new earrings were a purchase made from those profits. What was even funnier to me is that she just let them assume that and told them she thought she deserved a treat!

Well, the earrings in question were 6.99 at this outlet store. I figured if they fooled her friends, they were good enough for me! I bought 2 pairs of the 1 carat size - one with gold prongs and the other with silver.

athompson
11-02-2009, 11:53 PM
I just got these earrings last month. So far, so good. The good thing about the epiphany pieces is that they don't seem to tarnish. I have a ring that I've had for years and it has never tarnished and I regularly get asked if it is a family heirloom. I've been wearing the earrings day and night, in the shower and everything and I love them.

The link I have saved for the ones I like doesn't seem to be working, but I like these (and they get pretty good reviews)

J14263
Epiphany Platinum Clad Diamonique 2 ct tw Stud Earrings

QVC Price:
$25.00
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.J14263.desc.Epiphany-Platinum-Clad-Diamonique-2-ct-tw-Stud-Earrings.cm_scid.zone?cm_sp=MerchZone-_-TopRated-_-1

I had problems with the link so not sure if it will work.
No personal experience w/ these. I think the PP is right and "epiphany" is their platinum-colored finish.