PDA

View Full Version : Mom recounts horror of seeing baby hit by train

lchang25000
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
CAUTION....DISTURBING VIDEO:

From the Today Show:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33583110/ns/today-today_people

My heart almost dropped when I watched the video. What a miracle the baby was fine!

hellokitty
11-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I felt so bad for her. I think she is going to be traumatized for life, you could tell she had to really try hard not to break down in tears on camera. I was irritated with Matt Lauer (I think he is horrible at interviewing ppl), DUH she hugs her baby, he almost died right in front of her eyes!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-02-2009, 12:03 PM
i saw this newstory a few weeks ago..was so disturbing. i felt so bad for the poor mom. even though the baby was ok in the end, no mom should ever have to go through something like this ,even for a few minutes. i cannot even begin to imagine. it all happened so fast.

BabyMine
11-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I watched this on the Today show today. They must have played the video about 20 times. You could tell by the look in her eyes that she still relives it.

ha98ed14
11-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I watched it, but the video was so fuzzy that it didn't seem that viseral to me. But her interview did. All I can say is that he is one lucky little guy! I thought for sure that she had forgotten to lock the break, but they say during the interview that she did, and it was all just a freak accident. I think whatever stroller company who mfg'd her pram is equally lucky that she did not broadcast their design flaw on international TV.

american_mama
11-03-2009, 12:31 AM
On the contrary, I'd be singing the praises of that stroller. It protected a baby from underneath a train! The article says that she had the strolled brake on, then unlocked it as the train approached the station, then let go to adjust her clothing and that's when the stroller rolled away. So, no design flaw.

Radosti
11-03-2009, 12:48 AM
I was going to say that the stroller was built like a tank. She took the break off to board the train. I bet if she mentioned the manufacturer of the stroller, their sales would go through the roof.