PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 and regular vaccinations

set81616
11-02-2009, 12:02 PM
DS just got the H1N1 shot last monday and is going for his 4 year appt today. We have not done delayed vaccinations and he is due for shots today. Do they need to be 2 weeks after the H1N1? We have never been to this doc so I have no idea what her opinion is and I want to go prepared since I will also be trying to set up therapy for DS.
Thanks,
Shannon

JBaxter
11-02-2009, 12:08 PM
He he gets/got ANY live virus vaccines ( MMR/chickenpox) he can NOT get the mist. If they have the shot but make sure to ask if its the preservative free. Over 3 is able to get the adult version and thats now always preservative free

I think the papers that came here said any live virus vaccines w/ 30 dayd

set81616
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
are the regular immunizations you get at 4 years old live virus? He got the H1N1 shot (so no live there) and I am not sure if it is preservative free. I was just thankful to get anything since he has asthma and I have a lowered immune system.
Thanks,
Shannon

o_mom
11-02-2009, 12:18 PM
are the regular immunizations you get at 4 years old live virus? He got the H1N1 shot (so no live there) and I am not sure if it is preservative free. I was just thankful to get anything since he has asthma and I have a lowered immune system.
Thanks,
Shannon

If they are doing all the preschool boosters you are looking at MMR (live), ChickenPox (live), Polio and DTaP. Since he can't get the mist for either flu vaccine because of asthma, you should be fine.

JBaxter
11-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks,
Shannon

The MMR Chickenpox DTaP and IPV can be given between 4 and 6 the office I go to gives them at the 5yr old appt. You can also have 2 shots done at 4 and 2 done at 5yrs.