PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 vax at 4 days short of 6 mo

JenChem
11-02-2009, 12:49 PM
So I called last week to schedule an H1N1 vax for me at our county's health clinic. My DS was born May 14, 2009 and the soonest they can vax me is November 11... That makes him 4 days short of 6 mo which I wasn't thinking when I made the appointment. Should I call and ask to switch the appointment from him to me? I hate to call back in there b/c the lady I talked to sounded swamped and maybe there is some policy in place that he can't have the vax until after November 14. As they don't know when we're getting more supplies I hate to skip my vax and hope to get him one if they get more. I do feel as his caregiver I'm at risk b/c I work at a university with 100s of irresponsible sick students (see the Sick Ppl post in the B*tch*ng Forums). Wwyd?

BabyMine
11-02-2009, 01:11 PM
I would get him the vax becasue of his age. Just becasue you get the vax doesn't mean you will not bring it home. IMHO it is easier to take care of myself when I am sick then when my children are sick.

jenfromnj
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
FWIW, DS got his regular flu shot 2 days short of his 6 month birthday, and my ped was absolutely fine with it. She did mention that he's > the 50th percentile for height and weight in saying that, though, so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it? But I think that a few days is probably fine, unless you're sure that the vax will be available a few days later and you can get it for him then--if I were you, I'd hate to risk not getting my LO the vax at all.

baileygirl
11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I would call the office back to make certain it is okay with them, and to make certain they have the correct vaccine for him.