PDA

View Full Version : Grobag Deal Anywhere?

ahrimie
11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Darn, it seems I missed mamabargains the other week :(

Any other Grobag deals anywhere?

Snow mom
11-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Mamabargains has had them twice in the last month or so. They often repeat so I'd keep an eye on that. I was looking before they were on mamabargains and didn't find any other deals.

jess912
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I just bought 3 from mamabargains after reading reviews here and am not sure what I think. My daughter is 4.5 mos, so I bought the 6-18 mos and they are ridiculously long. All 3 also zip/close differently which I didn't see noted anywhere on the site. I'm curious to see how she does in them once she starts moving more since they're a foot longer than her and seems like it would be cumbersome.

Snow mom
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I bought an unmentionable number of them from mamabargains :bag and noticed the same thing about them closing in different ways. I suppose you really have to study the pictures and be paying attention to that. I think they will all work more or less the same. The ones that zip in the front might be better for escape artists because you can put them on backward, although if they still have snaps at the shoulders I don't know how you'd get around that. I also got the 6-18 month size for my 11 mo. She's right at the bottom of the weight recommendation so I could see that size being big for a 4.5 mo. Your DD will grow into them though. As far as restricting movement, isn't that kind of the point? We swaddled DD until 8 mos and she loved it. We had to give it up because the weather got too hot and she was outgrowing the swaddle. Now that it's cooler we started using the sleep sacs and I think that they give her a lot of the same comfort of being swaddled. I love them, although I still have to decide if I went overboard and should try to resell some of the ones I bought but haven't used yet.

ahrimie
11-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I just bought 3 from mamabargains after reading reviews here and am not sure what I think. My daughter is 4.5 mos, so I bought the 6-18 mos and they are ridiculously long. All 3 also zip/close differently which I didn't see noted anywhere on the site. I'm curious to see how she does in them once she starts moving more since they're a foot longer than her and seems like it would be cumbersome.

A few months back, I bought the 6-18 month size and though it was big, they do shrink. Now, I just need the heavier tog ones for winter!

coolae
11-03-2009, 10:07 AM
i'm selling one on the mamabargains playground if you're interested!

jess912
11-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I bought an unmentionable number of them from mamabargains :bag and noticed the same thing about them closing in different ways. I suppose you really have to study the pictures and be paying attention to that. I think they will all work more or less the same. The ones that zip in the front might be better for escape artists because you can put them on backward, although if they still have snaps at the shoulders I don't know how you'd get around that. I also got the 6-18 month size for my 11 mo. She's right at the bottom of the weight recommendation so I could see that size being big for a 4.5 mo. Your DD will grow into them though. As far as restricting movement, isn't that kind of the point? We swaddled DD until 8 mos and she loved it. We had to give it up because the weather got too hot and she was outgrowing the swaddle. Now that it's cooler we started using the sleep sacs and I think that they give her a lot of the same comfort of being swaddled. I love them, although I still have to decide if I went overboard and should try to resell some of the ones I bought but haven't used yet.

I was thinking sleep sacks were more for warmth vs. restricting movement? Or that was my intention when I purchased 3 of them to use this winter. She falls 3lbs under the minimum weight, so I assumed the 0-6 month size would quickly be outgrown, but now I am kind of wishing I went with that size instead. I'm not loving the front zipper style since the zipper has to be completely undone to put her in it, then put together and then zipped. I wish it zipped straight down from the top.

mollys_mommy
11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
some tjmaxx/marshalls have them