PDA

View Full Version : Whew, I did it!

lovin2shop
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Don't get your expectations up too high, but I'm so excited that I actually went to the gym and did the exercise program that a trainer set up for me at my new gym! I was so initimidated, and it took me two weeks to get myself to actually do it. Now, I'm determined to make it there at least 3 times during the work week.

I finally gave in and joined the gym at my office. The problem is that the typical population that goes to this gym is perfect body socialites and very wealthy men (our office is pretty swanky) who spend a ton of time there working through their midlife crisis. I had avoided joining forever, but finally came to the realization that I needed to just get over myself and go.

I've never been an exerciser and the trainer actually wanted me to touch a weight or two and not just walk on the treadmill set to no incline and watch tv. I spent most of the time trying to stay out of everyone's way and pretend like I was invisible, but I'm hoping that it will get easier!

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
WTG, Amy!!!! I think it is great that you went and did it. We all have to start somewhere. Just picture those men 5 years ago- big and out of shape. Can't wait to hear how the rest of the week goes! Don't try and be invisible- you are there and you are working hard, maybe even harder than they are.

I once worked out on the treadmill next to this woman with an amazing body and she walked at a pretty darned slow pace, no incline, and read the whole time. Maybe I caught her on an off day but that workout didn't look like much! Oh, and then I was watching America's Next Top Model once and you know they are almost all skinny but hardly any of them were in shape! Tyra had them slither down a wall then stand back up (sexy, strip type manuver) and so many of them couldn't get up b/c they were not strong enough. Anyway, just saying that looks can be deceiving! They may look like they have perfect bodies but you could easily get in better shape than them. :)

Have fun!!
Beth

elephantmeg
11-03-2009, 09:40 AM
yeah! good job. Just ignore everyone else.