PDA

View Full Version : Destination b/w Cleveland and N NJ?

soccermom
11-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Our friends live in Cleveland and we're in Northern NJ. Any good winter destination that's fairly mid-way for us to meet? TIA!

Bryan mom
11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
No ideas yet.
But midway between Cleveland and NJ would be somewhere in upstate NY (Buffalo, Syracuse).

ThreeofUs
11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
What about skiing somewhere? There are a ton of parks right around the middle of PA, just north of 80. Bald Eagle, Susquahannock, etc. Check PA's park web site and see what you find attractive.

The only other thing I can think of would be a destination hotel (with the big pool, etc.) somewhere along the way.

lizzywednesday
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
No ideas yet.
But midway between Cleveland and NJ would be somewhere in upstate NY (Buffalo, Syracuse).

Unless there is another Cleveland in MA/VT/NH or something that I am not aware of, I believe the OP meant Cleveland, OH.

I think you have your geography confused; you have to travel north and west to get to Buffalo & Syracuse from NJ but to get to OH from NJ you have to travel south and west. Also, depending on what part of north Jersey you are coming from, that would be a long loop.

Central PA would be more midway than Buffalo if coming from pretty much any part of Northern NJ and going to OH. Maybe even northern MD would be feasible, too.

lizzywednesday
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
What about skiing somewhere? There are a ton of parks right around the middle of PA, just north of 80. Bald Eagle, Susquahannock, etc. Check PA's park web site and see what you find attractive.

The only other thing I can think of would be a destination hotel (with the big pool, etc.) somewhere along the way.

I heard there's a hotel like that out near Gettysburg, PA. (Friends of mine went last summer & loved it.)