PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Si--any feedback?

jenfromnj
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I tried running search, but I can't get the site to recognize "Si" as a valid search term--I tried going back a few pages, but sorry if this has already been asked!

Was originally considering a Mac Quest or even a Techno (DS is 7 months), but the Si caught my eye for its better canopy and 4-wheel suspension for $250 or less. Planning to try it out, but wanted to see if anyone has this or has seen it in person, and if so, what you think. We have a Targo for the heavy-duty trips and a MBUS for the beach/rougher terrain, but am looking for a good light-ish stroller that's comfy for DS (who is huge for his age) and that we'll be able to keep for a good while and use lots. TIA!

strollerqueen
11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I like the Si', and gave it a very favorable review. But I also like the Quest and Techno, lol! They are all good, but just different enough to make one better than another in different situations.

Oh, P.S. I just noticed you have a St. Patrick's Day baby, too! Mine was born on 3/17, but in '08.

jacksmoma
11-02-2009, 11:16 PM
i had a si and a quest...just depends how light of a stroller you want vs. features...the si does have great features but still def. feels more plasticy then the quest...i think the quest will hold up better but the sunshade sucks (sorry!) so if you plan to use outside ever that might be a dealbreaker. test both out and go from there...

edurnemk
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I recently tried it out, and really liked it. The seat is nicer than the Quest's, IMO and the canopy is amazing. The only thing I don't like about it, about both really, is they don't have one handed recline. Even though it feels a little plasticky, it feels better constructed than the P3. I tried them side by side and the P3 is more wobly.

I'm waiting for the 2010 Si since it has a belly bar and with DS trying to get out of strollers all the time now I prefer to have straps and belly bar. Plus I feel ot will be easier to snap in a car seat when we have another baby.

jacksmoma
11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I recently tried it out, and really liked it. The seat is nicer than the Quest's, IMO and the canopy is amazing. The only thing I don't like about it, about both really, is they don't have one handed recline. Even though it feels a little plasticky, it feels better constructed than the P3. I tried them side by side and the P3 is more wobly.

I'm waiting for the 2010 Si since it has a belly bar and with DS trying to get out of strollers all the time now I prefer to have straps and belly bar. Plus I feel ot will be easier to snap in a car seat when we have another baby.

i totally agree, much less plasticy then the p3 but not as solid as a mac at all, but that's the trade off i guess for much more features. the recline is JUST like a mac, so annoying, you have to get down on the ground and its a really pita, not smooth or easy at all. it is very long process to put in a car seat too, first recline then use these snaps to secure the seat (which must be done as there is currently no bar to hold it in there..)

jenfromnj
11-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all the feedback--I am so confused, LOL! I know it's not as if I've making a life-or-death decision, but for some reason I can't make up my mind. The Maclarens are such a "known quantity" and just about everyone I know has one--the Si canopy is tempting, however, and the suspension with the lighter weight. The plastic factor is definitely a consideration, though--the Macs do seem really well made.

Thankfully the carseat is not an issue for us, since DS is huge (at 6 months was just about 20 lbs and over 28 inches) so we've been in the Marathon for awhile now.

Strollerqueen--my husband was so excited to have a St. Patrick's baby, especially since he ended up being a redhead, LOL. I didn't think that when I went to L&D on the morning of 3/16 that it would end up that way, but after 36 hours of labor, it did!

sunshine873
11-03-2009, 12:37 AM
I really like my Si. The recline is two-handed, but I'm glad that it's there! The brakes are easy, the canopy is a dream and the basket is pretty decent too. I love the handles because 1 - they're adjustable and 2 - they have notches to hang a diaper bag on. The drink holder is worthless (just soo small.) It doesn't automatically tip over when I take DD out either. The Quest is nice, but the canopy and accessible basket were really important to me. I'm happy with my decision.

newnewsmama
11-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I tried both in several baby stores. I like the SI's standing fold feature. It is a great feature for people with back pain, etc. Also it prevents the stroller from getting dirty on a muddy road. I don't like the plastic feeling of most PEGs. But SI feels a whole lot less plasti than other PEGs.

sweetsoul99
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Doesn't the new techno's have a zip away hood that makes it as good if not better than the si? The one I was shown in the store, you unzip the hood, and it can go down even with the seat fully reclined. With the Si, the more recline the seat is, the less of a canopy you have. The techno's also have suspension and 6.5 inch wheels.

I agree with everything everyone said. The mac is more "sturdy", but the Si does have better seats, is unique, better basket, etc. One thing I didn't like about the Si, is if I was pushing it with one hand, the other handle would rattle. Probably no big deal, but my DH said nope when he saw that. I think he's pickier than I am!!

I would go with the techno or si, although the lighter and smaller the better for indoor use, I find that a good canopy is ALWAYS nice, even indoors.

Jennifer626
11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I will be buying a 2010 Si when they come out, I did way too much research and am in love with the Si. So there's another opinion for you!

Also, I am a 3/17 baby...but from 1982! Woot! And my DD's original EDD was 3/18, I was soooo hoping for a 3/17 baby...then they changed her EDD to 3/26, and she wasn't actually born until 4/5.