PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 vaccines for kids in the DFW area

lovin2shop
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Just wanted to share that Pediatrics After Hours in Plano is taking appointments for the vaccines that they have available. I think it is just the mist since they will only take kids over 2. Also must be under 5 since that is the high risk group. Best part is that they offer appointments in 10 minute increments, all after regular business hours and on weekends. Unfortunately, neither of my kids qualify, but I thought it might be helpful to start a thread for people in our area since the vaccine is in such short supply in Texas. Our Ped said that they may not get any until well after flu season is over. If anyone else knows of where to get the vaccine around here, please post here. Thanks!

kristenk
11-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll add my reminder to make sure you check with your child's ped. I called last week on Wednesday, expecting the receptionist to laugh hysterically when I inquired about the H1N1 vax. Instead, she told me that they were holding an H1N1 vaccination clinic on Thursday. I know that they had an injectable and the mist.

jerigirl
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Our ped has gotten their first round of the mist in and was expecting their second round of mist and first round of injection last Friday. They were only giving them to current patients.