PDA

View Full Version : Stop someone seeing your facebook status etc

niccig
11-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Sorry another question.
Under my settings, I can see if everyone or only friends see my status etc, but there's an option to customise and put "except these people." Is that where I can list people who are friends, but I don't want them to see my status/wall etc?

Oh, and to the needy to the point of crazy friend, who is also socially inept - My status in which I thanked people for birthday wishes, and explained that I didn't have time to celebrate as DS is sick with H1N1, that means you DO NOT call me at 10pm at night because I am EXHAUSTED. I told all my "friends" that I have a sick kid, and you pick up the phone to call as you want to catch up, as you haven't spoken to me in a while according to your Facebook post. Thank you Caller ID for saving me. And that message on my voice mail that was longer than the time to record it, well, that will not be returned any time soon...because I am EXHAUSTED. DH is getting sick, and I know I will be next. Oh, and if you email wanting to know why you can't see my Facebook status, well I dont' know, but I really don't use Facebook much, so don't worry about it....I actaully don't use it much. It was nice tonight to see posts from family/friends all over the world, so I should use it more, but I do not want to have much contact with this particular friend, she's just too emotionally draining and I've done my time 10 years ago...no more time now.

ETA. Anything on the Facebook settings I should set, so she doesn't see any conversations I have with other people??

bluestar2
11-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Honestly, I would just "unfriend" her. To answer your question, though, I don't think there is a way for a "friend" to not see all of your posts with the other friends.

firsttimemama
11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
but for non-status updates, she will still see them ie if someone posts to your wall and you answer him or her.

&*^%!

Is there a way to prevent that?

truly scrumptious
11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry another question.
Under my settings, I can see if everyone or only friends see my status etc, but there's an option to customise and put "except these people." Is that where I can list people who are friends, but I don't want them to see my status/wall etc?

ETA. Anything on the Facebook settings I should set, so she doesn't see any conversations I have with other people??

Yes, that is where you do it.
Go to Settings > Privacy Settings > Profile

Under each option on that page, you can choose who sees it. For example, under Status and Links, in the drop down, choose "Customize". Then you can choose specific people who can see things. You can also choose all your friends and then choose "Except", so now all your friends except her can see your Status updates.

You can do the same with Wall Posts, and Photos, etc.

So you can basically have some people on a very limited profile who can only see your name and basic info, and don't get any notifications about the activity on your page.

HOWEVER, if you have any mutual friends, and those mutual friends don't have such strict permissions, then they can see everything you post on the mutual friend's wall. (Basically your privacy settings only control what they can see on your profile/wall, and have no bearing on information you put on OTHER people's walls.)

Hope this helps.

mommylamb
11-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Go into settings, then privacy settings, then news feed and wall. You can uncheck the box that says posting to someone's wall will show up on your mutual friends wall. You can also go under Profile and change the section on wall posts to limit who can see them.