PDA

View Full Version : Is the Disney Visa Worth It?

alien_host
11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I was thinking of applying for the Disney Visa since we are booking a trip for May. Will I get additional room discounts in time? Are the small perks worth the hassle of having another card?

Is it worth it if I plan to pay in full each month? I'd love people's thoughts.

TIA!

clc053103
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
My sister has this card- we use it for all Disney purchases, including our DVC membership! We use the bonus dollars for food while we are there. It's like the Gap visa- sure, you don't need another card, but if you are going to pay it off and you spend a lot of money there, it's certainly worth getting one.

JTsMom
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
If you go to mousesavers, they have a page that lists all of the historical discount info so you can look for patterns. I toyed with the idea of getting one, hoping for a free dining promo this Dec, but decided not to. They did do the free dining, but then they opened it to the public 3 days later, AND I ended up getting a PIN code for upgraded free dining.

If you do get it, look for a link/code for some type of promo (they often offer a gc for a certain amount- recently there were $100 and $200 ones). Also, just beware the interest rate is insanely high, so never carry a balance on it.

alien_host
11-03-2009, 11:39 AM
If you do get it, look for a link/code for some type of promo (they often offer a gc for a certain amount- recently there were $100 and $200 ones). Also, just beware the interest rate is insanely high, so never carry a balance on it.

Do you mean a sign-up bonus type thing? The brochure I got at the Disney Store showed a $50 credit to your statement after the 1st purchase. Which does not seem that great compared to what you mentioned. Where do I search? TIA!

JTsMom
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I think I read about it on disboards. I found this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2216871&page=2

which mentions someone getting the $200 offer, but I think this is the thread I remember:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2098510

It's been a long time since I looked at it, so I have no idea what the current offers are, but it's definitely worth digging around for.

Hope you find something really good!

alien_host
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
hey thanks....I did find this if anyone is interested...$100 gift card after 1st purchase.

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=disney_card_rewards_ wdw_nointro_100gc_mar09&page=cont&mkid=66CX01

I vaguely remember getting an offer for a Disney Visa last year....never applied though and can't remember what the incentive was.

kbud
11-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I just got an offer for a $100 credit after my first purchase if I sign up. It's on my to-do list to apply for it. The $100 credit was if you do it on-line and the $100 disney gc was if you called and did it. I'm a DW passholder and got this offer with my renewal notice. I was so excited to get this offer plus 15 months on our passes for the same price as 12. I was sold and renewed right away!

alien_host
11-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I noticed that with the Disney Vacation Planning Video that you get $40 statement credit and the Disney Store flyer was $50 statement credit, kind of a big difference to the $100!

I'm going to apply this week. :)

kbud
11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Here's the link to the $100 statement.

www.disneyworldsave100.com

or call 888-232-8053 and mention key code 6ZKP01 to get a $100 Disney GC.

It does want your pass holder number though so it's only good for passholders.

alien_host
12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
We received our new VISA very quickly, made a purchase immediately and our gift card arrived yesterday. Now I just have to remember where I have it so I can take it with us in May!