PDA

View Full Version : Simplehuman sensor soap dispenser

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Anyone have one of these? I am sick of cleaning soap dribbles from around the sinks!

cchavez
11-03-2009, 10:26 AM
We had the one from sharper image....loved it at 1st but then it started making a mess/dripping w/in 6 months....got another one and it did the same thing....

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
We got one from BBB, broke within a few months.... GREAT concept!

Tondi G
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
we have one. It's cool. I love the concept. It was working great till I had to refill with soap. Now sometimes when you put your hand under it doesn't dispense the soap... have to try 2 or 3 times... but it's still working! We will have been using it for a full year come Christmas! :)

nfceagles
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I have one and love it, but it still leaves dribbles. I just like not having to touch anything with dirty hands. But often enough, I trigger the thing unintentionally and it dribbles onto the counter. I don't think these really help that problem.

alirebco
11-03-2009, 07:28 PM
My mom bought one for us and we like it. I'm not sure if I would have bought it myself though!

codex57
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
It still dribbles. To counter it, I wipe the dispenser area. I'd imagine that sort of defeats the purpose of it, but oh well.

It was a gift and DW set it up so I didn't read the box and have no idea behind the concept of it.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys! I paid the extra $10 to buy it at Williams Sonoma so if it stinks I can take it back, thanks much!

DrSally
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I saw this or something like it. My only concern would be that from the pic, it looked like it dispensed a lot of soap.

codex57
11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
It dispenses a healthy amount. More than I normally use, but not a huge deal.

Apparently, ours broke for a while. I've been locked away at the office for the past week or so so I didn't know. I finally went home last nite at a reasonable hour and DW asked me to fix it. I dunno what happened, but it went crazy and squirted out the entire soap contents one time. However, I put it back together and it was acting normal.

Hasn't been in use that long but I wanted to tell the story to show it's not super reliable or anything. I think we've only been using it for a couple of months.

alirebco
11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
It dispenses a healthy amount. More than I normally use, but not a huge deal.

Apparently, ours broke for a while. I've been locked away at the office for the past week or so so I didn't know. I finally went home last nite at a reasonable hour and DW asked me to fix it. I dunno what happened, but it went crazy and squirted out the entire soap contents one time. However, I put it back together and it was acting normal.

Hasn't been in use that long but I wanted to tell the story to show it's not super reliable or anything. I think we've only been using it for a couple of months.

You can adjust how much comes out. Ours is set at the perfect amount and we haven't had any issues - had it for a year now.