PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain the different Ipod Touch models?

jess_g
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I am going to get one for my bday but wanted to know whats the difference between the models? I am leaning towards getting a 2nd gen 8 gb model as I only want it for some apps and listing to music and maybe some videos. Is the 3rd gen model realy that much better than the 2nd gen model? I am ok missing a few features as long as it does the basics. And are there any great improvements planned for Christmas time?

Thanks,

Jessica.

fattytuna
12-06-2009, 07:42 AM
From what I understand, not much difference in the 2nd gen and 3rd gen 8gb models. 3rd gen 32gb and 64gb run on a faster chip, has more RAM, and better graphics.

WatchingThemGrow
12-06-2009, 07:48 AM
I got mine in Aug. (so what gen. is that?) and it is a huuuuuge improvement over DH's in terms of processing speed and having sound. He's always stealing mine. I'd love to be able to put several shows on mine. Maybe I can. Don't know.

wellyes
12-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I recommend the refurb 16 gb 2nd gen from the Apple store. Is the same, software-wise, as the 8 gb 3rd gen for the same price, $200. Comes with full warrenty. You really can't have too much storage.

kransden
12-06-2009, 11:12 AM
When I was deciding about my iphone,(3rd gen 32gb) my dh, who doesn't watch videos told me to get the one with the biggest storage. He was already running out of space on his 2nd gen with all the music and apps he downloaded.

How long do you plan to use it? A couple of years then upgrade again, or you'll use it until it breaks? Our ipods from 2005 still work great. I just donated dh's to dd's school. DD uses my old one on trips. For me, I would buy the 32G since I don't watch a lot of movies, but the 8 GB would be too small. If I watched more movies, I would go for the 64GB if I could afford it, but I would keep it longer.