PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about what is on

KpbS
11-03-2009, 01:11 PM
your DC's walls. Framed photographs? Paintings/art prints? Child produced art work? We moved earlier this year and it seems it takes me a long time to rethink how I want our walls "decorated".

Care to share any pictures?

Thanks!

Veronica's Mommy
11-03-2009, 01:26 PM
DS has what DD did when she was a baby. I took an old William Wegman Weimaraner Puppies calendar and framed the pictures w/ simple, brightly colored wooden frames I got from Ikea.
DD has a lot of nicknack/shadowbox shelves on her walls, w/ picture frames, special dolls, etc. Not a lot of blank wallspace, but we did hang a hummingbird poster that came from a Smithsionian animal book. The flipside was an animal alphabet but she chose to hang the hummingbird instead.
HTH!

elliput
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
In both DC's rooms the only wall decorations are wall sticker/appliques. Unfortunately, DD likes to peel them off and rearrange them periodically, so they don't look as great as they used to.

sariana
11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
DS's (5) room has nautical-themed items that we got in various places, including his intitials in semaphore flags over his bed. He also has a boat-shaped bookcase that takes up a lot of one wall.

DD's (1 1/2) room has a 9-opening collage of garden-themed pictures that I got from an old calendar. I selected items such as garden chairs, baskets of flowers, and other small items from the full calendar page and cut out pieces to fit in the openings.

I actually just bought two 8 x 10 frames on sale at Target because there were two shots of flowers that I could not bring myself to cut. So I am just going to trim them down to 8 x 10 and frame them as is.

DD also has a personlized quilt hanging over her crib. It was a gift from my aunt & uncle. DS has a similar one, but he currently has no wall space to display it.

SnuggleBuggles
11-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Ds1- painted landscape mural and Wallies.
Ds2- just wall decals so far

Both have art waiting to be hung. We've only lived here 5 years... :) I have a mosaic framed mirror for ds2's room, a large map for ds1's room and a poster for ds1's room. I had planned on hanging framed prints in ds2's room but preferred those prints for another room.

Beth

willow33
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
My boys share a room. It's a sports-themed room with framed photos of the Boston Red Sox and The New England Patriots that my FIL acqured over the years. My MIL made them Red Sox quilts too...very cute :)

alexsmommy
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
DS1 - Letters spelling out name on one wall plus his magnetic kids calendar, window on second wall (no decorations), three sports themed french memo boards on third wall (which shares space with desk hutch so nothing else) and the fourth wall has closet door and dresser with a globe on it. He'd like to add some Bulls posters - but Mommy is holding onto his childhood and has put him off for a bit. I'll probably let him put one up this season that I'll put in a cheap frame from Ikea to keep it looking to teenager-y.

DS2 - 4 frames, each with a train car, on of which is carrying his name and two frames, one with a "Watch Me Grow" 12 month matte and one with his birth announcement, letters spelling out his name on second wall, cute PPK clock on third wall and PBK train quilt on fourth.

DS2 will join DS1 in his room when DS2 is about three so there will be some rearranging. If DC3 is a girl then I'll have to rethink DS2's room which is the nursery.

happymom
11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
wall 1 - her name spelled out in white wooden letters from michaels
wall 2- a large framed newborn photo of DD, with butterfly decals "flying" above it. Her armoire is on the same wall and there are several framed photos resting on top.
wall 3- 2 small frames- one with her footprint and one with her handprint. I got these at Target (Carter's just one year) and finally stamped her prints when she was 4 months old. So glad I did because its so cute!
wall 4- a window and an air conditioner installed in the wall, so no room for anything else.

If I had more room, I would love to hang a pretty mirror, a quilt (the matching one to her linen set just sits on a shelf in her closet), and some decorative shelves on....
HTH!

hillview
11-03-2009, 08:00 PM
:popc1:

I need inspiration. DS 1 has 2 maps. DS 2 has nothing. :hangs head in shame:
/hillary