PDA

View Full Version : nursing shirts

ryanmom
11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Are these necessary? If so, any recommendations?

JTsMom
11-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't think so. I bought some loose fitting T's, and never had a problem nursing discreetly in them.

doberbrat
11-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Personally, I found them not only unnecessary but annoying.

I had to try to discreetly find the hole in the shirt, and open it, then stick my hand in and try to unbutton the bra flap, move the nursing pad out of the way then try to line up the hole, my nip & baby’s mouth in one swoop “discreetly”

As opposed to popping the top of the bra open, slipping my hand under my shirt to pull the flap down w/the pad and shove baby under my shirt.

Yes, I had midriff exposure but I often wore a jacket over my shirts or had baby in a sling. If you’re concerned you could do a nursing tank or bella band type thing.

Just my $0.02

sunriseiz
11-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think so either. I have loved having a bella bnd type thing to 1) cover my not-so-attractive belly and 2) keep it warm. I feel much less exposed. I bought 2 from a SAHM and later cut off the tops of a few old tanks I had around and they work just as well for me. hth!

brittone2
11-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Never had them, never missed them. I prefer a nursing tank (like the belly coverage especially early on post partum) and then normal clothes over top. Layers are nice like a cardigan over a tee or shirt, etc.

If you are super large busted (I am soooo not LOL), the extra coverage may be helpful for you. But many women do fine without nursing tops. I NIP'd in public all of the time...my kiddos were often in a sling, etc. and that provides some extra coverage as well. But yeah, I really like nursing tanks and normal tops.

gobadgers
11-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I got frustrated with nursing tops too. Ended up with 5 nursing tanks that I wear under regular (mostly looser) tops. I nurse in public at least once a day and this has worked out the best for me.

i also got some low-cut tank tops from Old Navy and used them with nursing bras (under another shirt).

firsttimemama
11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Nursing shirts, not necessary. Nursing tanks are helpful.