PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the Imagination Movers in Concert?

alien_host
11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Their fall tour has started....has anyone gone to a show yet? I'm wondering how long it is and what it is like. I think I'm going to have trouble keeping DD in her seat!

lhk777
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
We just went to the show this past weekend.

My DD's love the Movers.

Our show started at 1:30pm and we were in our car heading home by 3pm.
I would say the show is a little less than an hour and a half.

We arrived pretty early and they had a screen with Playhouse Disney playing to keep the kids entertained until the show started.

The show itself was pretty fun - they had the kids stand up and dance a lot.

We were on the balcony level and they had Rich come up there and shake the kids' hands.
My DD was thrilled.

No Nina or Knit Knots though. My DD's love Nina.

alien_host
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
hey thanks, is it worth getting there early, doors open 45 minutes prior. My nephew is coming and he is 3.5 and might get antsy (I suppose my 4.5 year old would too). I'm worried about being too early and that DD will be beside herself until it starts. I was thinking about trying to be 1/2 hour early. Plus I don't want DD bugging me about getting souveniers.

I'm glad to hear they had the kids up and dancing...DD will love that!

BTW is the show in the dark at all or were full lights on? It sounds silly but I think nephew might get spooked. Just trying to prepare.

ellies mom
11-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm taking my oldest in December. As a matter of fact she is getting the tickets and the concert t-shirt I bought her tonight when she opens her birthday gifts. I'm pretty exicted about taking her. I've heard really good things about their show.

I'd love it if she could shake Rich's hand because he has become her imaginary brother.

alien_host
11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Rich is DD's favorite...I'm thinking of making her a t-shirt that says:

"I heart Rich"

But probably won't get to it!

lhk777
11-04-2009, 11:48 AM
It probably isn't necessary to get there early.

We were there about 45 minutes early and my kids were getting bored and antsy.

You might want to get there early enough so they can use the washroom if needed and get comfortable in their seats - maybe 20 minutes before or so.

We were all settled and then 5 minutes before the show started a tall lady sat in front of my DD so we had to switch seats and get everyone situated again.

They do turn the lights off for a majority of the show. It isn't pitch black - you can still see the people around and the lights on stage are pretty bright.

The souvenirs were a bit pricey - $25 for a t-shirt. They had some glow in the dark lightup wands and scribble sticks and CD's.

Luckily we were able to avoid the table so my DD's didn't get to see the items they were selling.

Hope you have fun!

sidmand
11-04-2009, 11:50 AM
ETA: To alien_host: I was wondering the same thing.

Are you going on Saturday? I think you're in MA? DH and DS are going. We haven't told DS yet though!

alien_host
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
ETA: To alien_host: I was wondering the same thing.

Are you going on Saturday? I think you're in MA? DH and DS are going. We haven't told DS yet though!

We are going Saturday! I had a heck of a time getting tickets because I didn't realize when they went on sale! I had checked Stubhub a month ago and people were trying to sell their front row seats for $400 each!

I managed to get tickets for us at the box office. DD was with me so she knows about it and has been asking me every 2 days "when are we going to the IM?"

I have some extra glow bracelets/sticks from Halloween --- I wonder if I could bring them? BTW sidmand, Walgreens had glow stuff for 75% off if you need some.