PDA

View Full Version : My cat snores?

ha98ed14
11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
At home working on homework and a paper and I hear this noise and realize it is my cat SNORING!?!? It was louder than DH. So what do your pets do that is odd (and/ or anthropomorphic)? In H.S., I had a teacher whose cat went senile and decided to poop in the toilet. I guess when they lose their minds, they start pottying wherever they like and he liked the toilet. She brought in pictures to show us.

Indianamom2
11-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Our little long-haired cat has always snored...loud enough to hear across the room with a tv on. When we first brought her home, we thought she was sick, because I'd never heard of a cat snoring. Nope...just snoring!

And what I would give to have this same cat poop in the toilet...or even in the litter pan. (Yep, she goes right outside the litter pan every.single.time.) Thankfully, it's a tile floor, but I cannot tell you how much I detest cleaning cat poop every.single.day. (And I know this will sound bad, but she'll probably go on to be the Methuselah of cats and live 20+ years!) I love her, but 8+ years of this is getting to me BIG TIME.

Christina

hollybloom24
11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
My old cat was a heavy breather for sure when he was sleeping. But sudden snoring can be a sign of health issues, like an upper respiratory infection.

billysmommy
11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Our cat snores too....and meows in her sleep. It's pretty funny

Nooknookmom
11-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Another cat snorer here. Our other cat refuses to drink out of a dish, will only drink out of the faucet.

I have a zillion strange German Shep stories, we've had 2 sets. My 1st male, Rocky, had stomach issues and every time he got the runs, he would get scared. One night I woke up to a 95lb dog sitting on my head, and yes he decided that it was the safest place to poo. I swear I smelled like dog sh*t for days.

He was such a scardy-cat, trips to the vet warranted two of us dragging him out of the car, carrying him inside and he sat on my lap in the waitingroom chair like a baby.

Boy, after reading what I just wrote, why did I get TWO more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catsnkid
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
I've had a snorer, but I would def mention it to the vet. One cat is obsessed with licking plastic bags. He also used to lick the window blind so much the noise would keep us up. Until recently, he would walk around the edge of the baby's cosleeper rather than step in it, but our bed was fine. We used to have a cat that would fetch and liked to be carried around like a baby. He was actually pretty good training.

BabyMine
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
-Our dog snores and dreams very loudly.
-2 out of our 4 cats snore extremely loud.
- When we had ferrets they would chase our cats and our cats would chase our dog.
- My cat sleeps on my head.

What I would give for our cats to poop in the toilet.

s7714
11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Our male cat snores really loud as well. He loves to curl up between DH and I on our bed in the middle of the night and start snoring. His snoring wakes me up, and then if I wake him up, he lays there purring (another really loud noise) until I get out of bed and physically force him off the bed. DH of course usually sleeps through it all.