PDA

View Full Version : Teachers - would you like this gift?

o_mom
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31121122

I'm really getting sick of the gift cards, but if you tell me to stick with them, I will. :) We always do a handmade card as well with a note from the boys (dictated to me) and will keep doing that, but this seemed like something that might be useful (eta: and slightly more personal than a GC). There are other designs, though I would probably not get the 'teacher' ones.

kedss
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
They are very cute. :) I think with a card from the boys, it would be a nice gift. :)

jenmcadams
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Not a teacher, but those are cute...for the same price last year, I did a sets of personalized stationery from a couple of different etsy sellers for teacher gifts. Just another idea

jk3
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Cute! I would stick with the gift cards though.

drako
11-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I was a teacher prior to having DD. Taking time off to be a stay at home mom! Anyway, I always appreciated gift cards the most. Every year I got so many teacher gifts, mugs, stuffed animals etc. There is only so much one can do with a collection of "your the best teacher" mugs and stuff. Although, those magnets are cute and practical.

happymom
11-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I am a teacher, although I rarely receive gifts as I work for a very poor community...Personally, I think its nice to receive something specific to remember a student by. Those magnets are useful and cute and the teacher will realize that uou put some thought into her gift. A giftcard is also nice of course. I think you're safe either way.

MamaKath
11-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I am a teacher, although I rarely receive gifts as I work for a very poor community...Personally, I think its nice to receive something specific to remember a student by. Those magnets are useful and cute and the teacher will realize that uou put some thought into her gift. A giftcard is also nice of course. I think you're safe either way.
:yeahthat:
I think they are cute and I use magnets both in my classroom to hang up artwork and also at home for the same. I would love either. I love getting giftcards also, they often let me treat myself when I otherwise wouldn't. It is fun to be able to spring for a new book, a cup of "Fivebucks", or other treat. I think you are very sweet for thinking of your child's teacher and the effort she or he puts into their students. :)

maestramommy
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
They ARE cute, but from all the freebies I have tons of magnets already.

MamaMolly
11-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Another former teacher who also left to stay home with DD. I'd have loved to get a cute and practical like those magnets. I could toss away some of those ugly Papa John's ones!

WatchingThemGrow
11-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Another former teacher now SAHM...I don't really use magnets, but I can tell you the names of the kids who gave me WF gift cards :)

urquie
11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Not a teacher, but those are cute...for the same price last year, I did a sets of personalized stationery from a couple of different etsy sellers for teacher gifts. Just another idea

can you recommend any of the personalized stationery sellers? there are sooo many!

HannaAddict
11-04-2009, 12:56 AM
They are cute but I would think they would be more "stuff" to find a place for, not needed and I would definitely stick with the gift card. Maybe it is just me, but there is no reason things need to be super personal for teachers, they are not family members and I think heartfelt card with personal sentiments is far preferable to some more stuff that is or is not useful. Does that make sense? A gift card is something they can use, take their kids or family out for a treat with or just get something they need or like. I really think it is perfectly nice and a wonderful thing to get a gift card to someplace you like, especially when disposable income is something in short supply these days.

ha98ed14
11-04-2009, 03:14 AM
I would love them! Because DH would get them and give them to me! :D

jenmcadams
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
can you recommend any of the personalized stationery sellers? there are sooo many!

I used this seller last year:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KMThomasDesigns

She seems to be doing more custom photo cards than note cards now, but the one she made we were awesome. I did some music themed ones for the Music Teacher, Art theme for the Art Teacher and more generic/cool styled ones for her PE Teacher, DDs Classroom teacher and DSs Preschool Teacher.

swrc00
11-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I love them! I use magnets a lot in my classroom because my boards are magnetic. I have some magnets on my board that students gave me 10 years ago when I first started teaching. If the classroom is magnetic I would love them for a gift.

urquie
11-05-2009, 12:41 AM
I used this seller last year:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KMThomasDesigns

She seems to be doing more custom photo cards than note cards now, but the one she made we were awesome. I did some music themed ones for the Music Teacher, Art theme for the Art Teacher and more generic/cool styled ones for her PE Teacher, DDs Classroom teacher and DSs Preschool Teacher.

thanks jen :)