PDA

View Full Version : Need DVDs about transportation

blisstwins
11-03-2009, 09:48 PM
My kids preschool teacher asked if I had any cool DVDs about trains or trucks or other modes of transportation/vehicles the kids would enjoy. I think she is looking for something with educational value. TIA.

new_mommy25
11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Check out the 'Real Wheels' or 'All About' line of DVD's. The Real Wheels are really fun!

ourbabygirl
11-03-2009, 09:59 PM
My nephew was *in love* with his Baby Einstein DVD with modes of transportation- I don't remember what that particular one was called, maybe "Things that go"? It was cute; he made me watch it with him when I baby-sat him, and it just had lots of real video and images of cars, boats, planes, etc.,highlighting the wheels, etc. Also had some animated and puppet aspects to it, I think.

Momof3Labs
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Hard Hat Harry is a little bit hokey (to adults) but has some really educational shows about different types of vehicles. DH and I were both impressed at the information he presented in a way that the kids really could comprehend. Both of my boys have been BIG fans of HHH. I've seen his DVDs pretty reasonably priced at TRU.

rlu
11-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Seconding both Real Wheels and Hard Hat Harry. We have been watching "garbageman Dave" (Real Wheels) for years (truly) and just recently checked out a HHH from the library. HHH is more of a groaner than Dave to me.

The Tonka Where the Garbage Goes (Garbage man George) was very educational and heavily featured the vehicles involved (DS loves the compacters that crush the garbage down). It came with the Tonka garbage truck.

Um, my kid loves garbage trucks, can you tell?

Melbel
11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Check out the 'Real Wheels' or 'All About' line of DVD's. The Real Wheels are really fun!

DS and DD1 loved these DVDs and the "Dave" character when they were younger. There are different DVDs for different types of vehicles (monster trucks, trains, garbage trucks, fire trucks, etc.).

lmwbasye
11-04-2009, 08:23 AM
My boys watch the Mighty Machines series. Very informative/educational and they LOVE it. We found it via Netflix online, but I know that my cousin said her 2 year old loves the DVDs and they get theirs from the video store.

They have a TON of subjects...fire trucks, city trucks, at the airport, race cars, rescue boats, etc. Everything has to do with transportation and I would say there are at least 21 episodes (3 per DVD).

HTH!

almostamom
11-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Mighty Machines, Hard Hat Harry, and All About are all huge hits with DS (4). He never tires of them.

Linda

jerigirl
11-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Thank you for these recs! I found some of the Real Wheels DVDs at our library and checked out the Rockin' Real Wheels. (trains, firetrucks and bulldozers) DS loves it! I am sooo tired of watching Thomas! This is a great change of pace!