PDA

View Full Version : If there was a Multiples Bitching Post...

TwinFoxes
11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I would post this there. We are moving into a new house in a state I'm still unfamiliar with. I'm SAH, so I am in charge of getting everything ready. Today I bundled the girls up, drove to a store to look at furniture, and the store was COMPLETELY unaccessible for strollers, especially my double stroller. The entry way was full of furniture, and then to get to the actual showroom, it was about 5 steps up. I asked the only person around, one of their delivery guys, if there was another way in and he said no. There was no elevator or anything that I could see to go up the stairs, even if I could have gotten through the entry way. I said "what do you do when people in wheelchairs come in" and he just shrugged. Nice. I said "well, there goes my business." He just said "there's no other entrance." And since I still don't know the area very well, I didn't know of anywhere else nearby that I could go to. A completely wasted day.

I'm just so frustrated, because I have so much to do to get the house ready, and I only have a few hours each day to do it because of naps, meals, grumpiness etc. If I was more familiar with the area, I'd know where to go, I wouldn't be driving all over the place trying to find stuff I like. I'm just feeling discouraged. :(

AJP
11-04-2009, 04:18 PM
That really stinks. I hate how many shops in our cute neighboring town aren't accessible to us in the double stroller. LOTS of them are gift shops with baby sections or childrens shops.
I'd do some investigating of what else is around you, and call a few places to make sure they're accessible. Make sure they know you have LOTS of stuff to buy (even if you really don't lol) and that you are only visiting stores that are stroller/wheelchair/customer friendly!!!
It blows my mind when I go into my mall's Gap, Gymbo etc and can't for the life of me get around with the stroller to shop. I have the potential to buy 2 of everything when I get into a kids store. You'd think they'd want me to be able to get down their aisles!

SammyeGail
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
That brings back memories of fustration, LOL! I chose a Combi savvy stroller, s/b/s, supposed to be the same width as a wheelchair. It gave me alot of sympathy for people who did have to use wheelchairs, how difficult it is to get around.

AJP, that is great advice about calling ahead! TwinFoxes, I hope that can get you somewhere. When we were looking for a new couch/loveseat the boys were 2 and we let them walk around in the stores, (holding our hands) it was a nightmare because they were climbing all over everything, but at the end we didn't even care anymore, the couch/loveseat at Laz-y-Boy they played with the most is the set we bought ;).

I think when I'm an old lady I'll pimp out my 'scooter' with crome bumpers, etc and just knock everything over, ROFL! If they are still around I'll go into Gymboree, GapKids, TheChildrensPlace and play bumper cars with the racks.

Good luck with everything!

twowhat?
11-04-2009, 06:42 PM
This is why sometimes I wish they'd make a GREAT tandem stroller. Something that's lightweight, folds small, with air tires so they can handle curbs and grass and bumpy sidewalks, with configurable seats so twins can face each other, or front, or back, with great canopies and lots of storage, that can turn on a dime, and weighs less than 25 pounds. Oh I'm sorry, is that too much to ask??

AJP
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I sometimes play bumper cars with the racks & my stroller because it's the only way I can shop! My poor girls...I keep telling them "hands in, hands in!" I mainly use the BJCMD at the mall, so it SHOULD fit, but I've seen moms with tandems get stuck in the same areas of the gap as me!

la mama
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
This is why sometimes I wish they'd make a GREAT tandem stroller. Something that's lightweight, folds small, with air tires so they can handle curbs and grass and bumpy sidewalks, with configurable seats so twins can face each other, or front, or back, with great canopies and lots of storage, that can turn on a dime, and weighs less than 25 pounds. Oh I'm sorry, is that too much to ask??

Whoever invents this will be rich! That is exactly what every family with twins needs. I never thought I would dream about strollers, I'm not one to obsess about strollers, but the stroller described above is a dream, something I think about every time I tilt my current stroller just slightly to wiggle my wide load through a door. Ever so graceful!

SammyeGail
11-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Whoever invents this will be rich! That is exactly what every family with twins needs. I never thought I would dream about strollers, I'm not one to obsess about strollers, but the stroller described above is a dream, something I think about every time I tilt my current stroller just slightly to wiggle my wide load through a door. Ever so graceful!

I just loved when my boys got old enough to have one arm reaching out of each side of the SBS. I knew the arms would be coming out and could see them, it was the quick yanking down of any clothing items than was embarrassing :bag, but they found hilarious!

FYI, I NEVER go out with both boys, never. DH and I barely make it with both of them sometimes, just sometimes ;). I run to the store or DH does. Its not that they are a problem, its just that Noah is 'high spirited' and Jonas has autism, he doesn't understand 'stop', 'come back please', etc. Noah would decide to take off because he sees something in the distance and Jonas wouldn't budge from the spot because he's to involved reading the box of whatever product he's picked up :). I just have the intense fear of Jonas running off, kwim?