PDA

View Full Version : Does Nordstroms measure you for bras

billysmommy
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
and are they good?

I could really use some new bras and just saw the other post about their sale tomorrow. I need to be measured though as I haven't been since before I had Benjo and I've definitely changed since then. I think I remember reading that Nordstroms was good at measuring and sizing for bras

MamaKath
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes they do. You may need an appointment, not sure. The best fitting bra I ever got was at Nordstrom's with the saleslady fitting me. I spent a FORTUNE, but it lasted a long time and it fit like a dream.

niccig
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, they're good. Ask them for suggestions too, all their recommendations have worked well for me. They're bras are more spendy, but I've always had them last a long time. I might buy 2 at once, and then have them write down the other 2 model numbers, so I can come back in a couple of months to get the others. Helps to spread it out a little.

maestramommy
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, they do, and they are awesome. I went there to look for a decent nursing bra with support after Arwyn was born. I found out I've been measuring the wrong spot my entire life:bag I bought one bra, and it was the best fitting bra I've ever had. I wish their bras were more affordable, but it was worth getting measured. Once I'm done nursing for good, I'm burning all of my old bras and getting measured again for new ones! :boogie:

g-mama
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes, but they are not all equal. I went a year ago and got fitted by a young girl in her 20s (Ha, I sound like such an old lady!) and came home with three bras. I felt they were too big but she assured me they were the correct fit. At home, they just really were too big and I had to return them. I approached an older grandma-ish lady and she agreed they were not right for me and helped me find the right ones. She was great.

I didn't need an appt but during a sale they'll likely be busier. I'd seek out an older lady. :)

niccig
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I'd seek out an older lady. :)

Or one with a decent sized bust. The lady that helped me understood all about comfort.

tylersmama
11-03-2009, 11:20 PM
If you can, try to go on off hours (I went on a Saturday evening and it was dead), that should guarantee you won't need an appointment. And DON'T take the kids. Or even the DH. Go by yourself, treat yourself to a little mommy outing! I've gone twice (I lost a significant amount of weight after the first fitting), and both times it's probably taken me close to an hour. Even once you're sized correctly, different bras (even by the same manufacturer) fit very differently in the same size. The saleswomen who worked with me were fantastic, bringing me tons of bras, helping me figure out what fit right and what didn't, if I had them on and adjusted right, etc.

sadie427
11-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes, had a great experience there getting fit, and they were happy to work within my budget--plus, I lucked out finding the same brands at Nordstrom Rack the next time I needed bras and saved some money. I'll go back to regular Nordstrom for a fitting next time though. I didn't need an appt. I'd go during an off time for the best service, like during the week.

hellokitty
11-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Yes, they do a nice job. The lady there sized me up correctly, and suggested some bras. I can't believe I spent over $100 on 2 bras. The sad part is that, I felt when I got home that the bras were too tight. The lady said that's the way they were supposed to feel, but it felt like I was wearing a corset or something. I ended up finding a much cheaper bra, that I totally fell in love with (and where I didn't have issues with the straps falling off of my shoulders) on my own (bali, passion for comfort with underwire, these bras are AWESOME and only $15 each!), in the same size that the nordstroms lady measured me up for. I chaulk it up to a $100 bra fitting, b/c at least now I know how to shop for a good bra and know how to get a good fit. Of course, presently, I'm back to wearing nursing bras again, so I HOPE I can use my bali bras again once I am finished BFing.

wildfire
11-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Love them. I also like them bringing me stuff since I am a large size and don't know which ones come in my size and Idon't want to dig through a ton of racks. Plus they have a very liberal return policy so if you are unhappy when you get home (or after wearing for a few weeks!) you can take them back. I find that sometimes after wearing for an hour or two they fit differently than 10 minutes in the store.

baileygirl
11-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I have been a few times for fittings there over a few years. Each time it was a different younger girl, and I wasn't happy with the fit any of the times. The best bra fitting I have gotten is one of those bra stores that does a lot of fittings for wedding undergarments. I have (along with some friends) gotten great fitting bras there.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Best ever! And I am a 36 G, so I am a harder one to measure.