PDA

View Full Version : Teacher gift for Christmas?

bubbaray
11-04-2009, 12:22 AM
DD#1 is in Kindergarten, 1/2 day French Immersion. Her teacher ROCKS.

I got one of the LE Lighthouse Totes (when they were on deep discount). I feel I should get her something more. I was thinking a GC, but I have no idea to where.

So, 2 questions:

Where should I get the GC to? Starbucks? Staples?

How much?

Separate thread to follow re the daycare teachers....

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Something fun I have seen people suggest on here and other places is to do a theme with that tote you got. One idea is a movie theater gift card and add in some candy. Same could go for some stationary and a gc to a bookstore.

Beth

MamaKath
11-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Where should I get the GC to? Starbucks? Staples?

How much?
Ask dd where she thinks her teacher would like a gc to. She can probably give you a good idea.

I like the thought of a little theme- a small photo album and a giftcard to a local film developer (even if it is CVS, Walgreens, etc) is useful. I get tons of pics of my family and of my students. I spend a lot of money on developing, lol!

egoldber
11-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Gift card, gift card, gift card.....

I usually do Michaels or B&N (Staples is a good idea too) because then they can get stuff they need for the classroom.

MichelleRC
11-04-2009, 08:25 AM
I am teaching preschool this year and think that tote with a GC to B&N, Target, a restaurant would be a fantastic gift!!

WatchingThemGrow
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I'd like cash in the inner pocket :) I have that tote in green - w/ zip top. carry it every day!

swrc00
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
As a teacher my favorite g/cs are B&N, Starbucks, Target, and to local restaurants.

jse107
11-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Agreed! GC to Target, B&N, Starbucks (if a coffee drinker), Michaels, etc. are the best!

bubbaray
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
OK, so assuming I give her to tote, how much for a GC?

alexsmommy
11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I tend to do Target because they can get just about anything they really want. Even if they aren't typical Target shoppers (hard for me to imagine - who doesn't love Target) she could use it for something totally practical like an umbrella.
I don't assume everyone else loves Starbucks gift cards like I do...

bubbaray
11-04-2009, 11:35 AM
No Target here....

Will either do a bookstore (have to confirm they have adult books in French), Staples or Michaels.

fortato
11-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Can you still get the Visa card from Simon Malls? Those are perfect. She can spend the money anywhere.

traciann
11-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Do not get Starbucks unless you know she drinks coffee! Dh is a teacher and I can't tell you how many coffee cards he gets. Neither of us drink coffee so they go to waste.