PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Place to buy a Rody

Chag78
11-04-2009, 03:22 AM
I want to get one for my son's bday party. They look like a lot of fun. My son is 2, do you think it's a good age for it, or is he too old?

kristac
11-04-2009, 08:42 AM
He is definately not too old for it. At 2 DS2 did not really get it- he is getting into him more now at 2.5- but he is on the slow side gross motorwise so YMMV. My almost 5 year old still enjoys Rody. Don't know where to get a steal though- I got mine of CL.

Seitvonzu
11-04-2009, 09:06 AM
not too old-- in my experience, my 22 month old is just getting into rody in the last couple months, and she'll be able to use him for a long time. we wanted a particular color (lime), but if you aren't picky i find that red and blue seem to go on sale from time to time on the internet... by the time you factor in hassle and shipping it might be a wash though-- i certainly found that was the case on other colors... though i might be rationalizing-- we bought our rody while on vacation and i carried him back on the airplane. I WANTED HIM THEN!!! (for my child, of course!)

i really like rody, but be prepared for your child to fall off sideways. ON PURPOSE! i've found this with every child whose tried ours, and the ones they carry at our local toy store (everytime i'm in there a kid is falling off rody!) this doesn't bother my child, but some kids might freak out. we have carpet too, so that might make a difference.

i actually found a blue rody for 3 dollars at a yard sale. i gave it to a friend because dh said we didn't "need" two. i'm not sure how much use he gets at my friends house. her daughter is more cautious, and rody doesn't seem to be too appealing to cautious children! sometimes i wish i'd kept orphan rody for playdates and stuff. he was in great shape, nothing at all wrong with him! still, between the ride-on giraffe, ride-on lion, rody, the rocking horse, we have lots of riding experiences in our house... my mother warned me not to line them up and make my house "a car lot." um-hm!

HAVE FUN! :) i love these christmas threads!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
It is $44 on Amazon right now with FSSS. They also have that $10 magazine rebate, so after that $34. The best deal I have found, I posted this same Q a few months ago, and I have been looking ever since. They don't go on sale much! I ordered this week, after giving up on a better deal. DD has tons of energy to burn, and this will be awesome when it snows. She has used it at friends houses and LOVES it! I got teal as DD's fav color is blue.

poppy
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Magic Beans has it for:

Secret Sale $39.99
Use coupon code: TE3ABR