PDA

View Full Version : Teacher gifts - who do we buy for?

KrisM
11-04-2009, 09:06 AM
DS is in kindergarten. Do I need to do something for all the teachers he has? He has:
main teacher
Chinese teacher (daily)
violin teacher (weekly)
art, music, library, gym (weekly)

Who will most people include?

Seitvonzu
11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
i would do main teacher and chinese teacher for sure. i might also include any "specials" teacher that your child had a special connection with... i don't think it's necessary to givec them all something, and if you do, i'd do something small like a 5 dollar gift card to starbucks or ...well, starbucks :) if they don't drink coffee they can always get a scone or breakfast sandwich or cookie or give it to someone else in their stocking :) yum....starbucks!

(take this for what it's worth...my child is not even 2 yet! glad to not be worrying about teachers!)

egoldber
11-04-2009, 09:14 AM
In elementary I generally only buy for the main teacher. In first grade I did also buy for the part-time aide in her room, who was extremely nice to Sarah and Sarah adored.

I woudl not suggest Starbucks unless you know they like their coffee (have seen them drinking a cup). A surpisingly large number of people don't like coffee and are annoyed at getting a GC that does not apply to them. I woudl go with something more "teacher friendly" like Michaels, Staples, Target, B&N, etc. You could also do an Amazon GC.