PDA

View Full Version : ear thermometer

lil_acorn
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Does anyone else have problems with their Braun ear thermometer variation? I'm getting temp variation of 1-1.5 degrees each time I check my son's ear. Then I do an oral and get a different reading.

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Mine had been fine until very recently- after 4 years of using it. Now it's reading like 97.1 for everyone with the occasional normal or feverish reading thrown in. I replaced the batteries recently and use a fresh ear cover (well, some of the time).

Make sure you are pulling back the earlobe and angling it just so. I don't tend to do that- I use the # as a ballpark mostly to know if there is a fever and if it is high or low. I don't feel a need to be precise. Dh does it though and I think as a result his numbers are more accurate.

Beth

hillview
11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
We have that too. I take it a few times and usually end up with a number (same number a couple of times). I prefer the tempral thermometer.
/hillary

AnnieW625
11-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes I do, I don't care for it much, but it works a bit at least to tell me if the fever has gone down or not. I would really like the temporal one.

liz
11-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I agree with PP's. I always had a problem with the Braun ear thermometer, mainly because of the user (me). It depends on the angle you place the thermometer in the ear canal- it would always give me diff readings. I bought the temporal thermometer and love it. I also have a digital thermometer to use on the little one. If you have the instructions to the Braun, re-read it and see what tips they give you. Sorry I couldn't be more help. GL.