PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree COF 30% off thru 11/8 - discussion

army_mom
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
REWARDSCOF expires November 8th

30% off entire site and it's a gymbucks earning period right now.

Anyone know if they will do the 30% off whole store for Black Friday again? I had thought they did it last year and you could use an additional percent off coupon.

lchang25000
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
From the Gymbohaven newsletter http://www.gymbohaven.com/ :

Upcoming Sales:
11/2 - Jingle Deals (where they give us great deals on pj's and such and it changes weekly)

11/5-11/8 Circle of Friends (30% off entire purchase)

11/27-11/29 Thanksgiving Sale (Friday from 8am - noon at stores is 30% off and the rest of the weekend its 20% off) AND YOU CAN USE A COUPON!!

12/10-12/13 Fill-a-Bag Sale! Woohoo! (anything in the bag will be included - 25% or 30%, can't remember)

12/26 starts BRB sale. (Big red Balloon Sale - Major markdowns after Christmas with price points of .99, 1.99, 3.99, 6.99, 9.99 and so on)

alien_host
11-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I believe COF starts today only for Rewards Members, instore and online.

PJs are this week's jingle deals $15 or $20...depending on regular price. Great deal with COF.

lchang25000
11-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Last time the PJs were only $10 during the baby sale and with a 20% off coupon it was only $8. Better deal than this current one. I was there today, but I forgot my coupon. They were able to look me up in their computer and give me the 30% off discount with no problems.

alien_host
11-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Last time the PJs were only $10 during the baby sale and with a 20% off coupon it was only $8. Better deal than this current one. I was there today, but I forgot my coupon. They were able to look me up in their computer and give me the 30% off discount with no problems.

I think the baby sale only goes to size 5T so I can't remember if the PJs that are sized 4 or 5 would be included (no T at the end)?

The cute Christmas styles often sell out so I buy early, then return if I can really find a better price, but I usually end up keeping them ;)

nabigus
11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
They looked me up by phone number as well, so I got the 30% off coupon with no hassle.

mini rant, though: I have to say, I'm finding myself less and and less fond of Gymbo as ds gets older. The kid boy stuff is waaaaaaay boy. I was looking at the racks and racks of girl sale stuff--lots of different styles and colors and designs--and comparing it to the pitifully small "kid boy" sale section. Aside from a couple shirts and the PJs, nothing really tempted me. Siiigh, if only Gymbo would go more mini Boden....

lchang25000
11-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I think the baby sale only goes to size 5T so I can't remember if the PJs that are sized 4 or 5 would be included (no T at the end)?

The cute Christmas styles often sell out so I buy early, then return if I can really find a better price, but I usually end up keeping them ;)

I think you're right. This is prob. a better deal for older kids than younger kids. I was able to resist the X-mas PJs today. Got a pair of HA holiday striped ones from the BBB swap board.:D

army_mom
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Can the COF be used at the outlet as well?

alien_host
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM

I don't think so...

eska
11-04-2009, 09:46 PM

No, the hardcopy coupon actually says so. :(

eska
11-04-2009, 09:48 PM
11/27-11/29 Thanksgiving Sale (Friday from 8am - noon at stores is 30% off and the rest of the weekend its 20% off) AND YOU CAN USE A COUPON!!

You can use a coupon on Black Friday? That would make for some really nice deals!

jerigirl
11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
mini rant, though: I have to say, I'm finding myself less and and less fond of Gymbo as ds gets older. The kid boy stuff is waaaaaaay boy. I was looking at the racks and racks of girl sale stuff--lots of different styles and colors and designs--and comparing it to the pitifully small "kid boy" sale section. Aside from a couple shirts and the PJs, nothing really tempted me. Siiigh, if only Gymbo would go more mini Boden....

:yeahthat: I think the last time I bought something from Gymbo was January. I am just not that interested anymore.

mominma
11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
My kids really like the polar fleece PJs that with the Jingle deals and COF are only $14. I also got each of my girls a pair of he fluffy slippers also part of the jingle deals.

wolverine2
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Do I need the hard copy coupon for COF? I was going to stop by on my way home from work, but left the coupon at home. Will they give me one if I ask?

lchang25000
11-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Do I need the hard copy coupon for COF? I was going to stop by on my way home from work, but left the coupon at home. Will they give me one if I ask?

I didn't have mine either yesterday, but since I'm a rewards member, they were able to look me up in the system and give me the discount. Usually they have a bunch at the front or automatically given you the 30% off.

jgenie
11-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Is COF only for Rewards Members?

lchang25000
11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Is COF only for Rewards Members?

It's for everyone, but rewards members were able to shop 1 day early yesterday. Anyone can easily sign up to be a rewards member...it's free.

melrose7
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
From the Gymbohaven newsletter http://www.gymbohaven.com/ :

Upcoming Sales:
11/2 - Jingle Deals (where they give us great deals on pj's and such and it changes weekly)

11/5-11/8 Circle of Friends (30% off entire purchase)

12/10-12/13 Fill-a-Bag Sale! Woohoo! (anything in the bag will be included - 25% or 30%, can't remember)

12/26 starts BRB sale. (Big red Balloon Sale - Major markdowns after Christmas with price points of .99, 1.99, 3.99, 6.99, 9.99 and so on)

Does anyone know if the Thanksgiving sale begins at midnight on black friday? Are they going to have any free shipping? I know last year I was able to get some awesome sales with the black friday deals, a coupon, and free shipping. I bought ahead last year and my girls are wearing the clothes now and I love the deals i had. And I never had to leave the house and deal with the crowds.

Seitvonzu
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
another shout out for how easy it is to be a "rewards" member. i was in gymboree last weekend looking at a few things and the salesgirl basically told me not to buy the stuff because they were doing markdowns the next day. i called and my items weren't marked down (one was a costume so the girl was very surprised), but she had already told me that i could wait for COF and use my coupon. she reminded me of this on the phone, said they'd continue to hold my items (for FOUR DAYS from when i came and picked them!!!) and reminded me that i could join rewards and come get the items early.

if that wasn't enough, i was able to sign up for rewards online and use my email address in the store (no card needed, though they did ask for one). i could have signed up on the spot and been given the coupon too (i was told that on the phone and heard one salesgirl telling the other). it was easypeasy!!

also, i know it's been said here before...but my salesgirls were so sweet about checking prices and PULLING FROM THE BACK. i've never tried that at gymboree before (though i have at janie and jack) because they always seem so busy and i don't imagine that they wouldn't have everything OUT during a sale. i'm not going to make that mistake anymore!!! i told them i wanted 2t and 3t and then decided i better narrow it down to stuff that matched a skirt i wanted. they couldn't have been sweeter about it. several of the things weren't even marked down yet, but were totally on ubersale. i managed to avoid getting too much by reminding myself of what i REALLY wanted , but i'm sure i could have reached the next gymbucks level pretty easy. i'm still kinda kicking myself that i didn't ask about sweaters (we always seem to need those!), but lu & hubby were eating at IKEA and we needed to get home.

it *was* 6:30pm on a wednesday evening though and the store was pretty vacant. that's how i plan to shop gymboree from now on! it was WONDERFUL. no pushing the stroller through crowded racks, bumping into other mom's intent on "deals"etc. i ended up getting the black dressy coat (i'd bought the red hat with black velvet bow over the weekend), a pumpkin costume (it was online only so i was THRILLED to see it at the store...the shoes alone-- TOO cute and it also came with a little headband and then of course the pumpkin outfit (which is a dress like thing...bishop style almost-- easy and nice...good for dressing up!), an orange tulle skirt and long sleeved shirt for next fall. i really did want the pink tulle skirt and super cheap cupcake shirt (we already have the clippies!), but didn't want to inch closer to the gymbucks level pull. can't wait to see the coat on my little lady!

sometimes i feel like people are down on gymboree lately here. i wanted to relate my happy experience! i found some cute things at good prices and the service was AWESOME!

Seitvonzu
11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
melrose-- i don't know if it's possible for you but, as i posted about 10 seconds ago-- i had great luck going at dinnertime on a weeknight. even though it's a "sale" day. apparently you shouldn't think "what you see is what you get" at gymboree...they had TONS in the back and were very wililng to pull for me. i had the feeling that they could have pulled much more if i had wanted it...they actually asked me to narrow it down for them (at janie and jack they just bring out EVERYTHING which can be overwhelming, or not depending)

good luck!

mjmamma
11-05-2009, 11:43 AM
You can use a coupon on Black Friday? That would make for some really nice deals!
You CAN use a coupon on BF. The only ones I have are the 15% off from the Tide ad, the 20% off I have expire before then but someone on SD said there are 20% that expire in December. It is the best sale they have, imo. AND, Gymbucks are still earning on BF!
Same here, I stock up for the upcoming year. They will be 'last year's lines' by then but my children don't mind :)

babybunny
11-05-2009, 12:31 PM
For the PP who that the clerk held the merchandise for several days in advance of the sale -- Was that mostly full price stuff or sale items?

My Gymboree NEVER has anything in th back. : (

charmcitymom
11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

I hate to mix apples and oranges but does anyone know if Janie and Jack have Black Friday sales as well?

Thanks!

alien_host
11-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I think Janie and Jack did do something last year but I can't remember. But they have Family and Friends next week 11/13-11/15 for 25% off everything. Use code: JJFAMILY with free ship over $75.

There was a 20% off that expires 11/30 in some mags...I want to say Good Housekeeping or something like that.

Seitvonzu
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
hi-- my items that were held were SALE items. one was the black fancy coat (sale price 54.99) and a bee costume-- which was on sale, but not as much as other costumes... the clerk was not sure why.they held them for me and basically told me not to buy until circle of friends. (i probably should have held the hat too...but i wasn't taking chances, my child is crazy for hats so i snag those when i find them in the right size)

i guess i got pretty lucky!

Seitvonzu
11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
ugh. i'm sorta kicking myself that i did pick up the fleece pjs-- the ones with the colorful scottie dogs? *sigh* those were pretty cute and i bet lu would have loved them. oh well!

TahliasMom
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
i also shop online twice this year and haven't been very interested in their lines. i decided to go the store in cupertino as i didnt want to pay for shipping. selection was ok, the sale section was very picked over and there wasn't almost nothing in size 6 :(. i did ask if they had panties in the back and the lady brought out a whole loot of clearance ones in size S (dd went thru a growth spurt and she was down to 3 pairs). besides that i picked up some socks, a pair of pjs and one outfit from the panda line. i had a real hard time choosing as dd is now 5.5 and some of the stuff just seems too babyish.

i also ended up buying some stuff online today with a coworker to get free shipping. you just can't beat the selection online. also i wanted a couple items from the super star line and they only had the baby one out.

i'm hoping when gymbucks come aorund there will be actually stuff to buy.

jgenie
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Can you use a coupon w/ COF? I'm eyeing the Xmas pjs and thinking I should just get them now.

veronica
11-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Can you use a coupon w/ COF? I'm eyeing the Xmas pjs and thinking I should just get them now.
No-COF is a coupon so you can't stack on top.

savvymom
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Just a heads up that I was at my Gymbo Outlet yesterday (Allen, TX) and *all* of their jammies were $9.99 - they had a ton of options, many different holiday designs and lots of sizes (nightgowns, flannel, cotton with pants, etc.) I was planning on using my COF today for jammies , but with such a good deal at the outlet, didn't need to make an extra trip to the Mall store!

alien_host
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
ugh. i'm sorta kicking myself that i did pick up the fleece pjs-- the ones with the colorful scottie dogs? *sigh* those were pretty cute and i bet lu would have loved them. oh well!

I did buy these....they are very cute...you should go back ;)

Seitvonzu
11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
alien...UGH! don't tempt me! i have to travel a bit to get to gymboree...but we'll see :) i spent alot yesterday since gymbo wasn't my only stop we first went to IKEA to outfit the playroom... i bought somethings we "needed" (expedit 2x4 bookshelf, drona storage boxes, and a cheapy LACK coffeetable) and one thing i thought wasn't necessary and of course it MAKES the room- the circus crib canopy...my 22 month old already loves "hiding" in it. our ceiling had the hook already for it and everything- it was kismet!

so ...my budget has been SO blown yesterday. i spent 14 dollars at target today on dress up clothes and i can't help thinking "we could have had those scottie pjs!" oh well! for the cost of gas and all that , i should just order online..but it's so fun to see the stuff in the store. *sigh*

alien_host
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
alien...UGH! don't tempt me! i have to travel a bit to get to gymboree...but we'll see :) i spent alot yesterday since gymbo wasn't my only stop we first went to IKEA to outfit the playroom... i bought somethings we "needed" (expedit 2x4 bookshelf, drona storage boxes, and a cheapy LACK coffeetable) and one thing i thought wasn't necessary and of course it MAKES the room- the circus crib canopy...my 22 month old already loves "hiding" in it. our ceiling had the hook already for it and everything- it was kismet!

so ...my budget has been SO blown yesterday. i spent 14 dollars at target today on dress up clothes and i can't help thinking "we could have had those scottie pjs!" oh well! for the cost of gas and all that , i should just order online..but it's so fun to see the stuff in the store. *sigh*

sorry, I'm a bit of an enabler ;) FWIW, we don't need the PJs either since I bough a bunch of fleeces ones at Costco.