PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

ladysoapmaker
11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
The other day there was a thread either here or in the Bitching Post about medical billing. I wanted to say thank for the info people posted.

My DS#2 had been getting a bill from our Allergist's office. I couldn't figure out why we were still getting it as I had called and had given them the secondary insurance info 8 months ago. I looked closer and realized they didn't have the correct primary insurance info either. So I called and the lady in billing kept telling me it was probably too late to get money form both insurance companies since it was so long ago and basically accused me of not providing the proper insurance to them at time of service. So at the end of the call I asked what was going to happen if they couldn't get any money from the insurance companies and she said I would have to pay for it. To which I replied, "I provided the proper insurance info at his appointment and I don't think I should have to pay for your mistake." She replied huffily to that statement and said she would look into it.

I got a call about 2 hours later and she was very apologetic and said DS#2's chart had a copy of both his insurance cards and they would try to bill the insurance companies and if what ever money was left over on the bill they would write off.

I would not of had the brains to remember to say "Hey look I provided the correct info, you dropped the ball, you have to take care of it" if you guys hadn't reminded the OP of the billing problem how to deal with it.

Jen