PDA

View Full Version : Are these Babies r Us coupons good?

pingpong
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Help a new mom to be out! I have a flyer of coupons from Babies r Us with lots of coupons in it. Products range from 10%-15% off. The sales end right around Thanksgiving and the flyer claims to be their Super Holiday Sale. But will they come out with better deals between Thanksgiving and Christmas? I'm not in a rush to purchase most things at this point, but I don't want to miss out on a good deal because I wait too long.

This is the first and only flyer that I have received from them since registering this summer...which makes me think they don't do this too often. But maybe I'm just a new mom sucker.

lisa928
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The coupons are around all of the time and still do not bring their prices down to anything you can find online or at other stores. If you have a Buy Buy Baby around they are so much better and even take non-expired Bed Bath & Beyond coupons. Target, WalMart and even Amazon are great for baby purchased too. Also tired used (Craigslist) as you can find a lot of great stuff. So much stuff has had little use and with a wipe or wash can be cleaned. Why buy Bumbos for $40 each when you can get them used on Craigslist for $15? I am now selling some of my stuff (I have twins) and sometimes even making money on the stuff I bought used.

kevinsgirl
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I get a flyer like that from BRS every 2 months or so...it's good if you're already planning on buying the item from BRS...I wouldn't buy a stroller from there, for example, without the coupon...but it's not necessarily cheaper than somewhere else.

The coupons I LOVE that BRS gives out are the 15% off a single item ones. Those are great for little things that don't ever seem to go on sale. :thumbsup:

mollys_mommy
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
can you give us a more specific idea of what you are looking to purchase? that might help. like i get our foogo stuff there, and born free, because i can use the $5/25 coupons and/or 15% off any baby item coupons there

the2bobs
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
BRUs also hands out coupons at the register sometimes when you check out--I've even seen these in my OBs office. Usually they are 15% off. As for the sale ads they send out, a lot of times they have 20% off coupons (or used to). Right now Buy Buy Baby has a 20% off coupon which they will take (has a lot of exclusions).

To PP, watch Costco or BJs for Foogos--we got 2 last yr for about the price of one at BRUs

pingpong
11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I am thinking of using the 15% off coupon on either the mattress for the baby crib or a MaClaren Volo stroller. Would that be a good deal? I was thinking of using it on the convertible car seat but have decided not to purchase that until we need it.

cindys
11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Personally, I think you can get a better deal on e-bay for your Volo..

I got mine for $95 with free shipping (some got great deals for $55!) and that included the rain cover and a removable/washable liner...The Volos @ Babies R Us have no liners or rain covers.

Someone also posted somewhere on here that they had seen Volos for $70 @ TJMaxx.

pingpong
11-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah I went to one TJMAXX today to try to look for the volos but they didn't have anything...I'm going to check out the other one in our area tomorrow. $70 is such a great price...I would love to find it for that!

cindys
11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
PingPong - Are you looking to buy the Volo to use with your new baby or for when the baby is older?

I am using my Volo for my 3yr old..My 1 yr old is in our Mac Techno since he still sleeps in the stroller and it reclines...The Volo does not recline..

Congrats on being a New Mommy to Be..What an exciting time for you!!

Cindy

pingpong
11-06-2009, 01:57 AM
I am aware that it doesn't recline, so I know I won't be able to use it until she is 6 months old or so...I'm just anxious to get the things I know I want!:boogie: I figured I would look for any good deals now. We have a lot of gift cards for BRU so I was trying to see if it was a good enough deal to buy the stroller there or if there was some other amazing deal out there. I've looked on ebay and craigslist for my area and am not seeing anything amazing. I know that I should probably just wait....:bag