PDA

View Full Version : Lucky us ~ the flu decided to drop by

billysmommy
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Ds2 didn't want to eat lunch or dinner yesterday because his throat hurt, no problems drinking or with popsicles though :) He was up most of the night last night with a fever of 103, cough and sniffles so I was up snuggling with him and getting coughed on. He said he felt a little better this morning but still had the fever 102 and no interest in eating. Then around 9 his temp went up to 104 and he got very whiny and clingy and says everything hurts.
I had been feeling pretty good until about 2 hours ago when I started a fever and chills and now I just feel miserable and achy.
Ds1 had the sniffles the past 2 days but no other symptoms so he's at school. I keep waiting for them to call me to come pick him up if this thing hits him like it did me.
So far so good for DH....

If the fever lasts for >3 days, the coughing gets significantly worse or he stops drinking anything then we have to go in, otherwise we're just hunkered down here.

MommyAllison
11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry :( hope it passes quickly! At least you are getting it out of the way before the holidays.

geochick
11-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Sorry! My 5yo ds had the same symptoms last week. He missed 5 days of school, and was also sick for 2 weekend days. I hope your ds is back on his feet by this time next week.

FYI - My ds didn't want to eat, but he would eat popcicles (and Otter Pops). We were able to keep him hydrated and cool with these.

A humidifier helped at night.