PDA

View Full Version : What's on your holiday shopping list for your DC?

MontrealMum
11-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I know someone started a thread like this last month, but I thought I start a new one for those of us that aren't so organized :) This list isn't just for me, but also to suggest items to grandparents, who do better with targeted shopping.

So far I am considering:
-another automoblox or 2
-some more Thomas train items
-some Plan Toy trucks/cars and accessories
-Duplo (maybe from MIL/FIL)
-M&D easel + accessory kit (on sale locally)

I already have an old FP house and barn socked away, along with some of the furniture and people. I bought some wooden animals for the farm that are stored as well. I also have the Green Toys teaset. I won't buy any more books since I got a little overly excited when I was pregnant and have books (stored) that will supply him through age 5 or longer.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips for a 28 month old boy, feel free to let me know. :)

brittone2
11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
There's a stickied thread at the top that might have some ideas for you :)

MontrealMum
11-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks, Beth! Off to check that out.

clb
11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
My DS is a month younger than yours. I am having a hard time thinking of things.
Stocking
- A few Schleich animals - He got some for his bday and really likes them
- I spy books
- A few matchbox cars- He loves them which surprised me.

- Henry the green train- He is counting on this.
- Duplo - we have haba and bristle blocks but he is not into them.
- A small table set and art supplies -Most likely a table/chairs from Ikea. I thought this would let him be a little more independent with the coloring. Not sure about this.
- New CDs- I need some more variety. He is in a Wiggles stage right now.

We are the same with books. I was always buying new books. His cousin also gave him a his huge collection. Between that and the library, we are set for quite awhile.