PDA

View Full Version : Q for those who have the Contigo cups for kids from Costco ...

slworld
11-04-2009, 04:25 PM
How do you like them? Do they have any insulation at all? I send milk to daycare for DS and end up using a huge thermos for abt 8oz milk. I was wondering if I could use these cups instead. DS is only 16months old so he won't be drinking from the cup anytime soon. It doesn't say that they have insulation but I was wondering if they keep cold things cold for say 4-5 hours (guess I could request his DCP to put it in the fridge but just wanted to chk what people who have been using it think).

Thanks much

connor_mommy
11-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I think these cups will be hard for a 16 month old to use. You have to hold down button with your thumb will you drink. I think my son was 2.5 before he figured out how to use it. It's also not insulated. Have you thought about the Playtex insulated straw cups or Foogos/Thermos straw cups? I'm not sure how long the Playtex will insulate for, but the Themos ones are good for a while, epecially if you prefill at night and leave in the fridge. The other thing you could do is send the containers of milk to DCP in an insulated cooler bag with ice.

slworld
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I think these cups will be hard for a 16 month old to use. You have to hold down button with your thumb will you drink. I think my son was 2.5 before he figured out how to use it. It's also not insulated. Have you thought about the Playtex insulated straw cups or Foogos/Thermos straw cups? I'm not sure how long the Playtex will insulate for, but the Themos ones are good for a while, epecially if you prefill at night and leave in the fridge. The other thing you could do is send the containers of milk to DCP in an insulated cooler bag with ice.

I was just planning to send the milk in it instead of the thermos. He won't be drinking from the contigo cup. DCP will put it in his sippy for him. I just liked that the cups are more compact (vs the big thermos I currently use). Maybe will ask her to put the cup in the fridge.

Percycat
11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
I was just planning to send the milk in it instead of the thermos. He won't be drinking from the contigo cup. DCP will put it in his sippy for him.

The Contigo cups for children at Costco are not very large. I would not be surprised if your sippy cup held more milk than the contigo cup.

angela

slworld
11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
The Contigo cups for children at Costco are not very large. I would not be surprised if your sippy cup held more milk than the contigo cup.

angela

Well DS drinks about 8oz, thats it. Everytime I send more than that ... it just comes back home (DCP transfer some from thermos to sippy and after he is done with that, puts more in the sippy)

almostmom
11-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I've heard they aren't good if you are sending milk, as they are lots of places that can get moldy. I'm looking for something besides the SIGG as I want to put something in the dishwasher, but heard they weren't good for milk so passed.

Anyone have any experience with this?

connor_mommy
11-04-2009, 08:35 PM
The stainless steel Contigos would be a better choice then. It's insulated and if you stick it in the fridge at night it'll stay cold longer.

MamaKath
11-04-2009, 08:40 PM
If you froze some milk in it prior it would be okay. I would not send cold milk on its own. My kids had one pop its top due to spoiled milk (shake) inside it and loose the gasket. It was a mess and I still need to order the new gasket. Grrr. For a kid who wouldn't be drinking directly from the cup, I think it is a waste.

What about an insulated sippy instead?

daniele_ut
11-04-2009, 09:09 PM
We send cold water in a Thermos Foogo Bottle for DS and it is always cold at the end of the day. We also send milk for DD in an insulated Avent sippy cup. It holds 12oz, I think.