PDA

View Full Version : which toddler MP3 player?

researchedout
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi! We have a long car ride next week, so I'm going to bite the bullet and get a toddler MP3 player (with speakers - no headphones). The Sweetpea is something like $70 + Ship, so I'm wondering if anyone LOVES their FP3, Discovery, BeBop, or Playskool MP3 players? thank you!

iowavb
11-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi! We have a long car ride next week, so I'm going to bite the bullet and get a toddler MP3 player (with speakers - no headphones). The Sweetpea is something like $70 + Ship, so I'm wondering if anyone LOVES their FP3, Discovery, BeBop, or Playskool MP3 players? thank you!

I really like my dd's Sansa Shaker. It has a speaker but the option to plug headphones in it. It's simple to use and upload music onto, and they are pretty cheap too!

vonfirmath
11-04-2009, 04:53 PM
My sister is not thrilled with the Sweetpea they got.

We have the Playskool Mp3 player. It has problems (namely not remembering which category/options you have when it turns off so you end up resetting a lot), but I have not seen anything better that would cause me to spend that much.

researchedout
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Why doesn't your sister like the Sweetpea?

Twin Mom
11-05-2009, 12:36 AM
My twins each have one and they still get used on and off and they've had them for a couple of years. The speaker is great b/c I always worry the music is too loud when they use headphones. Plus they were really cheap too.

I really like my dd's Sansa Shaker. It has a speaker but the option to plug headphones in it. It's simple to use and upload music onto, and they are pretty cheap too!

infomama
11-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Sansa Shaker fan here. Worked well for Dd1 until she graduated to my old iPod with headphones.

azazela
11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
love the Sansa shaker here too!

NewfieNat
11-07-2009, 11:00 AM
We LOVE the sweetpea. The kids got it last Christmas and it's been worth every penny. Why?

It uses one battery that lasts FOREVER.
It can withstand anything
There are 3 playlists (we use one for upbeat songs, one for lullabys, one for stories)
It's easy to drag and drop songs, no special software necessary
Parental controls are "hidden" so that the kids can't crank the volume
It's a local company :-)

In all fairness, I never looked at other brands.