PDA

View Full Version : Gift idea for newborn twin girls who have 2 sisters

L'sMommy
11-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Our friends just had twin girls, and they have 2 daughters who are 2 and 5. I am thinking they don't need any more clothes (which is my go-to gift for a newborn). What other things can I give them that they wouldn't already have at this point?

Momof3Labs
11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
With twins, you need "more" of different things. More burp cloths, more sleepers, etc, in order to spread out laundry to a reasonable interval.

But with four kids 5 and under, what they'll need most is help. Perhaps do a token gift of diapers or monogrammed burp cloths or some cute sleepers (with gift receipt), but also take the older two on a play date one day and/or bring dinner over one night and/or go be a spare pair of hands for an afternoon. Or give the gift of a night of sleep - play "night nurse" for one night so that the new parents can get a full nights' sleep.

twowhat?
11-04-2009, 06:23 PM
As many meals as you can spare!!

MaiseyDog
11-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I have a friend that has twin girls and she loved having shirts with the girls names or inital on them. She would put them on the girls when they had doctor visits and such just to help keep everything straight. I have sent these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29318989 the past two christmases and she's asked for them again.

Jen841
11-04-2009, 08:25 PM
This is my stand by. Depending on the person/relationship/budget I may get them for the other siblings too. I love seeing mine all hanging in the bathroom together.