PDA

View Full Version : We're going to DL!

elektra
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
So DH and I decided to take the kids to DL next Friday the 13th. (Anyone want to meet up?)
And I want to do one of those princess meal things.
I honestly had never heard of these before reading about them on the BBB. BIL works there and he usually just signs us in for free. Will that affect how the food reservations go?
Do you just look on the Disney website and figure out what to book?
I keep reading about Ariel's Grotto. If you only did one character dining is that what you would pick?

Also, we are thinking of taking our P3 and Volo. Good, yah?

arivecchi
11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Oh, I'm jealous!!!! Have fun!

bubbaray
11-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I would totally recommend 2 single strollers.

Which reservation really depends on your kiddos. DD#2 is TERRIFIED of characters that don't look human (Mickey, MInnie, all the ones with fake heads). So, she basically screamed the entire Breakfast with Minnie at the Park Plaza. She was fine with the princesses, Tinkerbell, etc. -- people that were just dressed up but still looked human.

I really thought Ariels Grotto lunch was nice. If your kiddos are into all things princess, you can't go wrong with that. If they prefer other characters, the B-fast with Minnie might be better.

HAVE FUN!

elektra
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I would totally recommend 2 single strollers.

Which reservation really depends on your kiddos. DD#2 is TERRIFIED of characters that don't look human (Mickey, MInnie, all the ones with fake heads). So, she basically screamed the entire Breakfast with Minnie at the Park Plaza. She was fine with the princesses, Tinkerbell, etc. -- people that were just dressed up but still looked human.

I really thought Ariels Grotto lunch was nice. If your kiddos are into all things princess, you can't go wrong with that. If they prefer other characters, the B-fast with Minnie might be better.

HAVE FUN!

Good call on the non-human characters. *I* personally DO NOT like characters like that either! I must have been scarred as a child or something because those things just really bother me. And the people behind the masks totally pick up on it and mess with me because I am an adult, IMO. Well not at DL but mascots and such at football games.
Anyway, I'll have to check into the Breakfast with Minnie too. I think DD may not have the aversion like I do. And she in not super gung-ho on all things princess (yet).

So is all the reservation info just available somewhere on the DL website?

amandabea
11-07-2009, 11:39 PM
So DH and I decided to take the kids to DL next Friday the 13th. (Anyone what to meet up?)
And I want to do one of those princess meal things.
I honestly had never heard of these before reading about them on the BBB. BIL works there and he usually just signs us in for free. Will that affect how the food reservations go?
Do you just look on the Disney website and figure out what to book?
I keep reading about Ariel's Grotto. If you only did one character dining is that what you would pick?

Also, we are thinking of taking our P3 and Volo. Good, yah?

we're going to DL on Wednesday (11/11) for my birthday, staying the night, and then going to CA on Thursday. We made reservations for breakfast at Ariel's Grotto -- DD is so excited (so am I)! She is obsessed with princesses, so that's why we picked that for the one and only character dining experience.

I hope you have a good time!!

elektra
11-08-2009, 12:39 AM
we're going to DL on Wednesday (11/11) for my birthday, staying the night, and then going to CA on Thursday. We made reservations for breakfast at Ariel's Grotto -- DD is so excited (so am I)! She is obsessed with princesses, so that's why we picked that for the one and only character dining experience.

I hope you have a good time!!

Nice. Looks like we'll miss you by a day. Too bad! We made our reservations at the Paradise Pier PCH grill for the Lilo and Stitch character breakfast. DD is still not quite into the princess thing yet, but she loves Lilo and Stitch so I was so happy to see that they had those characters too. I didn't expect that.
Have fun!

----
Oh, and I fixed my original post. I had written "what" instead of "want". Gah! Don't you hate how those kind of mistakes are only glaringly obvious when you go back and read them much later?