PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for purse organizing fanatics!

Globetrotter
11-05-2009, 04:43 AM
As if my Butler bag wasn't already perfectly organized, I started using this $4 coupon organizer for my receipts and coupons, except I use alphabetical tabs! It fits into one of the internal side compartments of the Butler bag.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/paperStorage/expandingFilesPouches?productId=10009710
http://images.containerstore.com/images/catalog/17024/17024.jpg

It has made my life so much easier when I have to return something or when I'm looking for a coupon. I put receipts in right after I buy something, and if I need it again I can look them up in alphabetical order! I can easily check for coupons, too. I also like that it's lightweight so it doesn't add much weight to the bag.

sunshine873
11-05-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm intrigued. It's a good idea.

How do you organize coupons alphabetically? By the store, by the name of item? Please help the un-organized!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
i used to carry one of these in my bag too, just for coupons! i don't think i organized mine alphabetically, i just divided in into categories (e.g. drugstore, grocery store, clothing, etc).

however i found that nowadays most of the coupons I use are way too big to fit into this small organizer (e.g. the Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons that come in the mail, or the ones you have to print out on the computer), so i bought a plastic manila envelope that can hold 8.5x11" sheets of paper, and I just keep it in the car at all times (since I have to drive everywhere, I figure i can keep it in the car instead of my purse).

Globetrotter
11-05-2009, 12:40 PM
There are alphabetical dividers (AB, CD, or whatever) so it's organized alphabetically by the name of the store, which is very easy to do once you get the hang of putting it in right away. Smaller coupons go in too, and the big ones stay outside next to it (in the side section of the Butler bag). I also keep the really big ones (like Costco and extra BBandB) in my car! This system has made a big difference for me because I used to spend a lot of time digging through my purse for receipts when I needed to return something! I used to just keep the coupons in a separate section of my bag, but I find it's much more helpful to alphabetize them (to avoid the digging).

soontobe
11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
how do you get the 20% off coupons to bed bath abd beyond?

♥ms.pacman♥
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
how do you get the 20% off coupons to bed bath abd beyond?

i think i just signed up on their website..provide name and address etc. i get them in the mail all the time, every couple weeks it seems. i used to just throw them out usually because they always expired before i need to buy something. but after getting preggo and finding out they are accepted at Buy Buy Baby as well (i think it's the same parent company) i save them because I know I will use them there for baby stuff.

nupe
11-24-2009, 08:49 PM
This is what I use to keep things organized for my most frequent stores. It's a plastic zippered envelope, "check" sized. I have some by globe weis. I don't see them online now, but I do see that Office Depot ones look the same and are clear! I have one for each of the top 3 stores I go to, to keep coupons and receipts. They are nice and slim. I think of my purse as a filing cabinet now!

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/667812/Office-Depot-Brand-Check-Size-Transparent/

ShanaMama
11-24-2009, 09:05 PM
i think i just signed up on their website..provide name and address etc. i get them in the mail all the time, every couple weeks it seems. i used to just throw them out usually because they always expired before i need to buy something. but after getting preggo and finding out they are accepted at Buy Buy Baby as well (i think it's the same parent company) i save them because I know I will use them there for baby stuff.
FYI Bed Bath & Beyond accepts expired coupons. Don't ever throw them out! Every time I get one it goes straight into my car. I went to BBB on Sunday with about 20 coupons! I usually ask them how many items I rang up & give a coupon for each item.
OP- I am an organizing freak who's purse is not organized in the least! Please tell me more about the Butler bag.

ShanaMama
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
FYI Bed Bath & Beyond accepts expired coupons. Don't ever throw them out! Every time I get one it goes straight into my car. I went to BBB on Sunday with about 20 coupons! I usually ask them how many items I rang up & give a coupon for each item.
OP- I am an organizing freak who's purse is not organized in the least! Please tell me more about the Butler bag.

nellonello
11-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Thank you for sharing. I just recently bought a Butler bag (Hybrid) and love it. I struggle with receipts and this is a great idea. I am going to give it a try.

hellokitty
11-24-2009, 10:20 PM
OP- I am an organizing freak who's purse is not organized in the le
ast! Please tell me more about the Butler bag.

Lol, I keep my BB&B coupons in my car too. That way I am never w/o one when I need it! :)

♥ms.pacman♥
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
]FYI Bed Bath & Beyond accepts expired coupons. Don't ever throw them out! Every time I get one it goes straight into my car[/B]. I went to BBB on Sunday with about 20 coupons! I usually ask them how many items I rang up & give a coupon for each item.

yeah i recently found that out too, it's great. i now have like 8 of them in my car, lol.

the other cool thing we found out the other day was that BabiesRUs accepts Bed Bath & Beyond coupons!! Yesterday we used a $10 off $30 or more coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond to buy a few baby things at BRU. so i have a feeling that with a baby due in few months, all our bed bath &beyond coupons are going to be used for baby stuff, which is great, since they usually have better coupons than BRU does (BRU usually does 10-15% off one item or $5 off $25, BB&B usually has 20%, or $10 off $30).

the thing is, on BRU ads it says they accept competitors coupons, which i assume means coupons from Buy Buy Baby, etc. But i guess since BUy Buy Baby is owned by Bed Bath & Beyond (it's the same company) and u can use Bed Bath & Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby, then by extension it makes sense that u can use BB&B coupons at BRU! w00t.

Globetrotter
11-25-2009, 12:58 PM
This is what I use to keep things organized for my most frequent stores. It's a plastic zippered envelope, "check" sized
hmmm, that could come in handy for something!

I have a big stack of BBB coupons in my van! I can't stand to throw them out since they are still valid :p
I had NO idea that BRU accepts them!!

check out previous threads on this! I still :heartbeat: mine -it's also gone on vacation with me twice and everyone who sees it is in awe.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=335794&highlight=butler+bag

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=337661&highlight=butler+bag

nupe
12-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Globetrotter: I also use the pastic zippered envelopes to keep my necklaces separate yet visible in the jewelry box and in the safe deposit box. Very handy!