PDA

View Full Version : Bag to carry thru Disney?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I am a little at a loss as to what to carry our stuff in when we go, I know I will need to carry a light change of clothes as an accident could be disasterous! WIll they let you carry a backpack on most of the rides? My billfold and stuff would also need to be in it so I would not want to leave this with the stroller. What did you carry? Need something very lightweight! Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 08:29 AM
If it couldn't fit in my pockets, I didn't take it. :) I can travel very light when I don't have anyone in diapers.

Just a thought (though likely not one that is very appealing to most!).

Beth

bnme
11-05-2009, 08:34 AM
With older kids (5 & 6.5) I carried a tiny purse which I wore across my shoulder. It had wallet, camera, chapstick, gum, mini pack of antibac wipes. We had a small backpack that we kept on the stroller that had sweatshirts and a few other things. We often took it on the rides with us because we forgot we were wearing it after unfolding strollers. I think MOST rides you can take small bags with you.

egoldber
11-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I pack extra stuff (like change of clothes, although I only did that for infants), diapers, wipes, snacks, drinks, etc. in a bag that can be left with the stroller. Then I take a small bag to hold my camera and cards. I generally leave my wallet in the hotel room and just take some cash, a credit card and hotel keycard.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks all! Maybe I will just take ancient diaper bag that I don't care about and find a tiny purse for the things I must carry.

clc053103
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
That's exactly what we did- I used a le sportsac Ellie bag (or It hink Casey is another that works well- cross body small bags) for my phone, camera, id, money, etc, then just packed another bag with a long handle (or handles that could be tied together on the stroller) with rain gear and spare clothes as needed- I just left the bag on the Disney double.

kbud
11-08-2009, 12:07 AM
I use a backpack. We are passholders and there all the time. I take the backpack on all the rides with me. It's never been a problem. I often leave some things at the stroller to lighten the load (extra juice boxes, change of clothes) but I often find that having the diapers/wipes, snacks, etc. with me in the backpack is handy. We often park the stroller for awhile and don't go back to it.

bubbaray
11-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I used my LE Little Tripper, though the similar Overland Donner would work too.

I had a Skip Hop Duo on one stroller and a Maclaren organizer on the other. I kept my wallet, camera and our medication (puffers, EpiPens) in the LT and all other stuff in mostly the SH. The Mac organizer was more for a drink holder.

Corie
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I bought this bag on the recommendation from Wen. :)

http://www.overlandequipment.com/product/donner-almond

This bag is awesome! I can carry the kids' Camelbaks on each
side which is great. They are always thirsty.

Everyone asks me about this bag whenever I carry it.

I like that I can make the strap longer or shorter. I carry it
across my body.

egoldber
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I have an older version of that bag and I love it! I've used it at WDW many times.

I added a strap pouch to it (that I have it from other bags) to keep my credit card, room key and cash handy.

fivi2
11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Another vote for the Donner - I love it!