PDA

View Full Version : talk to me about the "ology" books

nicknack
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Would they be appropriate for a 6 year old? Some of it might be a bit beyond him, but they look really cool and interactive, could be a nice gift to get maybe 3 and package them together. (They're on a bit of sale at Amazon).

For those who have read them, which do you think are the best?

Puddy73
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
We love the "ology" series! Both Pirateology and Monsterology are hits with my 6yo DD and 4yo DS. I'm thinking about Egyptology for Christmas.

schums
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
We have Pirate and Egypt and DS LOVES them at 7 3/4. Seriously, when he grabs one, we have to fight to get him to put it down even to eat (and this kid has a teenage appetite at 7!). They were well worth the $$.

Tondi G
11-05-2009, 07:39 PM
we have Pirate, Dragon, Egypt and wizard I think... all good books! My son got them when he was 6. We read them with him... my now 4.5 year old likes to check them out!

GraceH
11-06-2009, 02:30 AM
I looked at these books in the store and *I* was fascinated by all the cool little details...
Although, I must mention for those considering these as gifts for other families, that besides the obvious 'Wizardology' and wand making guide, the 'Dragonology' book also contains material (spell casting and such) that religious parents may not find appropriate for their younger children... the rest that I have seen seem to be reasonably free of this.

ETA: I know that Meijer carries them in-store, as well as the obvious bookstores if you wanted to thumb through before buying online.

egoldber
11-06-2009, 08:02 AM
I have seen these in the past at Costco.