PDA

View Full Version : Nursing PJs

ryanmom
11-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Are these nice to have or is it easier just to wear yoga pants, nursing tanks and a hoodie the first couple of weeks after birth?

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I think it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. :) I wore a nursing tank and whatever bottoms I felt like with ds2 and it worked great. I could use the tank round the clock so I didn't feel like I was spending money on something that had limited use, like PJs would imo.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I wear my nursing pj's a TON. Gowns, really, though. Sleeping in a hoodie wouldn't work for me. Easy access to my stuff was very helpful to me.

JTsMom
11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I think it just depends on your situation. If you leak a lot, you'll need to wear some type of bra so you can stuff pads into it, so keep that in mind. I never leaked a drop, so I just slept in my regular pj pants and T's. If you only wear nightgowns, a nursing one would definitely be simpler.

newg
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I leaked a ton......so I wore a sleeping nursing bra and a cardi/hoodie type top and sleep pants............

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I leaked a ton and I skipped the bra because I had too many clogged ducts. I just draped a towel or cloth diaper over myself.

Beth

infomama
11-06-2009, 12:45 AM
I went with nursing tanks most of the time. I also laid a towel under the top half of me to catch the leaks...I never slept in a nursing bra. I was given a couple sets of nursing jammies and I liked them just usually didn't wear them.

Andi98989
11-06-2009, 03:21 AM
I took a pair of cheap pj's that have a camisole top and converted them into nursing pj's basically following these directions:

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/braconvert.html

I've yet to really find any nursing tanks that really accommodate my bust size.

AnnieW625
11-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I had a pair and it was nice, but I did really most of the time just sleep in a tee shirt with a nursing bra/pads because I leaked only when I was sleeping. I never really found a nursing tank I liked though because I usually don't care for shelf bras.