PDA

View Full Version : What is your dream AT double stroller?

arivecchi
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
So dream, dream, dream, which stroller would you want if there were a double stroller fairy? :loveeyes:

For those who choose Other, please elaborate. :tongue5:

twowhat?
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
From doubles that exist in real life? Or come up with my own? My own would involve Transformer-like capabilities:)

Nevermind just saw the poll!!

WatchingThemGrow
11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
It's hard because i want : the fabric of the Valco, the fold of the bj, the colors of the MBUD or Bumbleride, the push of the BOB, the recline, handlebar, seatback, canopies and fold of the BJCED, with the weight of the BJCMD.

Now, if I could keep both in my car - or just put my elite wheels on the minidouble....

arivecchi
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I hear ya Watching Them Grow. My fave is the Valco, but with the fold of the Baby Joggers. The new Valcos are supposed to have canopies that hit the bumper bar!

jacksmoma
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
hahaha watchingthemgrow! that's my dream stroller too! i guess my new bjced i've got coming soon will have to do for my dreams....lol. the bjced is as close as perfect gets in an at double i think though....so excited!

elektra
11-05-2009, 06:06 PM
It's hard because i want : the fabric of the Valco, the fold of the bj, the colors of the MBUD or Bumbleride, the push of the BOB, the recline, handlebar, seatback, canopies and fold of the BJCED, with the weight of the BJCMD.

Now, if I could keep both in my car - or just put my elite wheels on the minidouble....

:yeahthat:
I went for the price and push of the BOB Duallie. But I wish I could breed it with the BJCMD for fold and size, but then somehow get higher seatbacks.... with a price tag under $300 of course. ;)

arivecchi
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Mountain Buggy lovers, what do you like about that double? Does the skimpy canopy not bother you? I've always wondered.

AnnieW625
11-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Well I haven't checked any of them out in person yet with DD, but right now it's probably going to be the Bob Ironman with the Baby Jogger City Elite or the Valco Trimode as a close second. We need the stroller not because I am a big runner, but a couple of nights a week we take the dog on a 3 mile walk and there is no way a 4 yo will be able to do that with us unless she is in a stroller. I really like the look of the Bob Rev, but after seeing Elektra's DD in it who is a year younger than DD the seats are really short. For a three wheel stroller I really like the fixed wheel design so that's where the Ironman is in the lead, but if the seat height is low in that too, then I am not sure what I'll do, probably the CE or the Valco Trimode.

I really like the looks of this, but right now it's only available in a double,
http://www.babyjogger.com/fit_dtl.aspx
and I really want to avoid a jogger with this big of a front wheel,
http://www.babyjogger.com/perf_dbl_dtl.aspx

elektra
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Mountain Buggy lovers, what do you like about that double? Does the skimpy canopy not bother you? I've always wondered.

I don't have an MBUD but do have an MBUS. Love the MBUS, hate the canopy. It it what kept me from considering the MBUD. I really do like most everything else about that stroller though, and since we always kept it in our garage the fold wasn't an issue.
And yes the BOB has lower seatbacks. Kind of a bummer (that I knew about) but my DD is on the small side so I think we'll be ok. Also you really can't go wrong with a BOB if you want to do actually jogging or want an awesome push. And the canopies are big too. ;)
Annie, we should have let Elisa take a ride! BTW- Elisa is one of the cutest and sweetest little girls I have ever met. Seriously.

AnnieW625
11-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Annie, we should have let Elisa take a ride! BTW- Elisa is one of the cutest and sweetest little girls I have ever met. Seriously.

Thanks, I thought about too afterwards, but we'll most likely try it when it gets closer to the date at REI. Elisa was a good girl for the most part, but oh she likes to think she is soo independent and can do everything on her own!

arivecchi
11-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Did you guys meet IRL? That's awesome!

Elektra, I see many MBies here and always see the super small canopy. For such a nice and expensive stroller, they should really come up with a better canopy! I heard that they are fixing that in new models. I hope that is the case.

jacksmoma
11-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I have to say, second on my list would be the bumbleride if there was somewhere for my tall toddler to put his feet! Otherwise that would be a pretty perfect A/T...It seems to have a much smaller footprint then the baby joggers :)

PRmommy
11-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Well I haven't checked any of them out in person yet with DD, but right now it's probably going to be the Bob Ironman with the Baby Jogger City Elite or the Valco Trimode as a close second. We need the stroller not because I am a big runner, but a couple of nights a week we take the dog on a 3 mile walk and there is no way a 4 yo will be able to do that with us unless she is in a stroller. I really like the look of the Bob Rev, but after seeing Elektra's DD in it who is a year younger than DD the seats are really short. For a three wheel stroller I really like the fixed wheel design so that's where the Ironman is in the lead, but if the seat height is low in that too, then I am not sure what I'll do, probably the CE or the Valco Trimode.

I really like the looks of this, but right now it's only available in a double,
http://www.babyjogger.com/fit_dtl.aspx
and I really want to avoid a jogger with this big of a front wheel,
http://www.babyjogger.com/perf_dbl_dtl.aspx

Annie - what about a Summit? I just recently purchased one and it's been great for taking long walks. Unfortunately, my walks have diminished now that I'm back at work and no longer home with the little one, :( but with the use I have gotten I've been happy.

AnnieW625
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Annie - what about a Summit? I just recently purchased one and it's been great for taking long walks. Unfortunately, my walks have diminished now that I'm back at work and no longer home with the little one, :( but with the use I have gotten I've been happy.

Oh yeah forgot about the Summit. Thanks!

sweetsoul99
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I put a Bob down, which I love, it is a fabulous stroller. But if I didnt run I'd probably get the bjcc.