PDA

View Full Version : Chantelle and Wacoal bras at Marshalls $14.99

sansdieu
11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Padded and unpadded. And matching underwear. GORGEOUS! I couldn't believe my eyes. Of course, there was nothing in my size, but tons of mainstream sizes were available. Perhaps, you'll have better luck than I did.

wellyes
11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Dayum that's a great find. Thx for posting, I needed an excuse to go shopping tomorrow and maybe saving $60 on a bra is certainly a good excuse!

kristenk
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
What sort of sizes were you seeing, if you can remember?

sansdieu
11-05-2009, 11:03 PM
There were two racks upfront, where there were multiple sizes all hanging together (lots of 36 - A, B, C, D, DDs -- those were the ones that I noticed, but there were definitely other sizes). Then, they were also interspersed with their other bras, those that are arranged by size. So be sure to look in both places. Did not see anything beyond DDs, though.

HOWEVER, my mom went to a different Marshalls and claims that she was able to score some 34Gs for me. I'll believe it when I see it, but I guess different Marshalls stores have different inventory.

larig
11-06-2009, 02:12 AM
oh, this is the best news ever. I'm so going to a marshalls tomorrow!!! you rock for sharing. (crossing fingers for 34 DD/E!)

ETA: southcenter, WA marshalls had nothing in my size (boo!). they were not on a special rack, just in with the normal stuff. there were not very many. The chantelle they did have seemed to be mostly brown with some sort of embroidery w/ light pad. I didn't see any above a D and most seemed to be C. I will try at our second local one later. I didn't seem many wacoals either.

veronica
11-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm going to check it out too! Thanks op.

Hoping it's not too hard to find my size "pre-puberty droopy".

sansdieu
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm going to check it out too! Thanks op.

Hoping it's not too hard to find my size "pre-puberty droopy".

ROFL:hysterical:

I'll take that any day over my "last-year's-pool-noodles" size.

Please post what you will find. I will check out another Marshalls today during lunch.

Babymakes3
11-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I think i'll go check these out today! What is so great about these bras?

I am having bra fit issues since I stopped nursing, they all drive me crazy!

veronica
11-06-2009, 01:09 PM
ROFL:hysterical:

I'll take that any day over my "last-year's-pool-noodles" size.

Please post what you will find. I will check out another Marshalls today during lunch.

I just got back. I have a Marshalls right accross the street from TJ maxx so I went to both. I forgot to look for the other brand and only had time to look for Wacoal. No big display at either store for me (southern NJ). I did find about a handful at each store. One happened to be in my size but the best part is that the same bra in a DD was on clearance for $7 so I got them to match the price for my size. My guess is that my stores will either not be getting a large display at all or they are yet to arrive since the Wacoal ones I did see were all originally tagged $12.99 and not the $14.99 people are finding......hope everyone has better luck!

The only other worth things I saw were a bunch of boy and girl Robeez Mini Shoes for 9.99.

sansdieu
11-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok, I'm officially the happiest woman in Boston right now. I picked up 3 Chantelles in 34G (they're all the same, but I don't care) at Marshalls in Downtown Crossing. Not a lot of Wacoals there, but tons of Chantelles (4 different styles, 2 padded and 2 unpadded) -- D and DDs seem to be really well represented, in band width ranging from 32 (!) to 38. Some Bs and As too and lots of cup sizes in 36. Some larger sizes too, but I didn't have time to check those out.

Another thing worth noting was the new "Fat Free Dressing" cami from Flexees (different from the one at Costco, much firmer control and open front -- fits sort of under your bra). $16.99.

sansdieu
11-06-2009, 02:46 PM
This is the style that I got by the way, and it seems to be one of the more prevalent ones (they had it in burgundy as well, but not in my size)

http://tinyurl.com/yhnklq8

jenny.d
11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Veronica,
Where in SJ are you? Thanks!

Jen

daphne
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
This is the style that I got by the way, and it seems to be one of the more prevalent ones (they had it in burgundy as well, but not in my size)

http://tinyurl.com/yhnklq8

This is the only style I saw in my store. I couldn't find any Wacoals. :(

veronica
11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Veronica,
Where in SJ are you? Thanks!

Jen

All the waaaay in Cape May!

hellokitty
11-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Anyone notice if their TJ Maxx had these too? The closest Marshalls is an hr away.

niccig
11-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Thanks for posting. I got 2 Chantelles and 1 Betsy Johnson for the price of one bra at Nordstroms. They were on the rack by size, there wasn't a separate display. No matching underwear, but that's fine - I never like the matching knickers as not as comfortable/panty line etc.

triples17
11-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Someone asked already, but can anyone explain the appeal of these bras? Is it just the styling?

Melaine
11-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Someone asked already, but can anyone explain the appeal of these bras? Is it just the styling?

:yeahthat:

hellokitty
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
They're high end bras that are well made and typically available only at nicer dept stores like Nordstroms. I got a wacoal bra last yr at nordstroms and it was $60. So, that's why ppl are so excited.

wellyes
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Chantelle are the BEST bras for very very well-endowded women. I'm a 40DD and I need lots of support. Target bras I wear TWO of, one over the other, to get enough support. First time I wore one a Chantelle I was amazed at how much better it made my back feel. After a lifetime of getting by with lousy bras it was such a relief to feel good. It's not unusal for me to be wearing a grubby old pair of jeans and an old navy t-shirt with an $80 Chantelle from Nordstrom's underneath. I'm generally a cheap person but some expensive things are truly worth it.

niccig
11-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Chantelle are the BEST bras for very very well-endowded women. I'm a 40DD and I need lots of support. Target bras I wear TWO of, one over the other, to get enough support. First time I wore one a Chantelle I was amazed at how much better it made my back feel. After a lifetime of getting by with lousy bras it was such a relief to feel good. It's not unusal for me to be wearing a grubby old pair of jeans and an old navy t-shirt with an $80 Chantelle from Nordstrom's underneath. I'm generally a cheap person but some expensive things are truly worth it.

:yeahthat: They're very very comfortable. I'm a 32 C or D depending on the cup style, and they're great for me. Betsy Johnson is another brand I like. They hold up well - I put them in a mesh bag and in the wash on gentle cycle. I line dry. When I got mine, I was told to not wear the same bra days in a row, as it stretches the elastic sooner. So, I picked up a couple of more at Marshalls to rotate - I got 3 for the price of ONE bra at a department store.

sidmand
11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Anyone notice if their TJ Maxx had these too? The closest Marshalls is an hr away.

My TJMaxx had them. Not many but they did. I had a Chantelle bra in my cart but there was a huge line and DD was not having any part of it. I'm hoping they still have them when I next go back. It was even the first one I saw and was my size! And 40 DDD is not an easy size to find :(

AnnieW625
11-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I have seen lots of Wacoal bras at Marshalls, but never bought one because they usually only have larger sizes and I am either a 36A, B or a 38B depending on the brand. I seriously love Wacoal bras that if I buy one or two a year I am not that bummed out about paying $40+ for a bra.

hellokitty
11-07-2009, 08:15 PM
My TJMaxx had them. Not many but they did. I had a Chantelle bra in my cart but there was a huge line and DD was not having any part of it. I'm hoping they still have them when I next go back. It was even the first one I saw and was my size! And 40 DDD is not an easy size to find :(

Thanks! I think I'll have to go to TJM soon. :)

littlebird
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks OP! I'm so excited about the prices I found! I bought 2 Chantelle bras; one for $9.99, and one on clearance for $3.00. There wasn't a special display for them, just mixed in by size with the others. I didn't see any Wacoal.

LBW
11-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Has anyone spotted any Le Mystere bras? I like Chantelle and Wacoal, but for me, Le Mystere works the best.

sansdieu
11-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Has anyone spotted any Le Mystere bras? I like Chantelle and Wacoal, but for me, Le Mystere works the best.

I went again today to look for more. I saw some Natori bras and one Le Mystere (the first for me at Marshalls). Alas, nothing in my size. Still lots and lots of Wacoals and Chantelles in a variety of sizes.

lilhilly
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I hit a TJ Maxx and a Marshalls today. Lots of Chantelle and a handful of Wacoal at both; the Marshalls (one of those Marshalls/Home Goods combo stores) also had some Le Mystere in very big sizes and some beautiful Natori bra/thong sets. I was lucky enough to find three Chantelles in my weird post-BF size (38A . . . so depressing . . . used to be a 36C), all for $14.99 each. Thanks OP!

MamaMolly
11-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh I'm so jealous. I'm coming back to the States next week. Maybe they'll still have some. I love, love, love my one and only Chantelle. It was my first non-nursing bra post DD. I bought it at a lingerie boutique that specializes in everything from bridal to post mastectomy undies. I think I paid something like $90 for it. It has held up so well. Worth every penny full retail, my goodness I'd flip if I scored one for under $20!

hellokitty
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Nothing at my TJMaxx, but next wk I'm headed to a larger city that has a Marshall's, so I'll definitely check there!

sansdieu
11-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure about the Chantelles that I scored. They're definitely my size (I was actually fitted for Chantelle bras at Nordstrom just over a week ago). But the lace really irritates my skin (parts of are hard and scratchy, as if they were covered in glue), the straps keep sliding off, and the underwire digs in. Maybe they are some defective Chantelles; that's why they're so cheap?

salsah
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure about the Chantelles that I scored. They're definitely my size (I was actually fitted for Chantelle bras at Nordstrom just over a week ago). But the lace really irritates my skin (parts of are hard and scratchy, as if they were covered in glue), the straps keep sliding off, and the underwire digs in. Maybe they are some defective Chantelles; that's why they're so cheap?

not all chantelle's fit the same. i was fitted at nordstrom and some of the styles there fit and others don't. different styles may be cut differently. i have full breasts so i can only wear the full coverage ones and i can't wear chantelle's demi styles (and others too). similarly, the only bra i have found that fits me, other than some chantelles, is made by le mystere. but only one le mystere style works for me, the other le mystere styles are a terrible fit for me. i have tried a lot of bras! as a 34G, not many work for me.

sansdieu
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
not all chantelle's fit the same. i was fitted at nordstrom and some of the styles there fit and others don't. different styles may be cut differently. i have full breasts so i can only wear the full coverage ones and i can't wear chantelle's demi styles (and others too). similarly, the only bra i have found that fits me, other than some chantelles, is made by le mystere. but only one le mystere style works for me, the other le mystere styles are a terrible fit for me. i have tried a lot of bras! as a 34G, not many work for me.

apparently, I'm a 34G now too.
The question is how do you know if it's the right bra for you? It used to be that I'd try it on, it would feel comfortable and look "correct" (breasts not squished together, the band low on the back, etc.), and it would be a great fit.
These Chantelles were very comfortable when I tried them on, but after a couple of hours of wear, the problems began to emerge.

lilhilly
01-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Just bumping this because I saw a bunch of these on the clearance rack at Marshall's yesterday for $7.00. Also scored a super comfortable Hanro bra for $7.99 -- the Marshall's tag said "compare at 19.99" but the ones on Garnet Hill's site go for $88!

sansdieu
01-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Also saw some Freyaform bras last week at either TJMaxx or Marshalls, forget which ones. Real hard to find sizes, too.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-21-2010, 12:25 AM
I am snowed in til Saturdayish, supposed to get 4' in two days on top of the 2' we already have, but MAYBE I will be able to go on Saturday. I am a 36G, so my bras are always $$$$$$, and hard to find!