PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend a nasal aspirator

sansdieu
11-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm tired of running after my child with a bulb syringe. Please recommend one that has fast and powerful suction. ;)

betsyab
11-05-2009, 06:23 PM
They are actually not recommended by my pediatrician.

catsnkid
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm getting the one with the tube that you suck. It has a filter that collects the snot. It should be here tommorow.

basilicali
11-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I would recommend the Nosefrida--you can get it on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Nosefrida-NoseFrida-Nasal-Aspirator/dp/B00171WXII

Karen

sansdieu
11-05-2009, 11:11 PM
They are actually not recommended by my pediatrician.

Any particular reason? Just the mechanical variety or all kinds, including bulb syringes?

I would recommend the Nosefrida--you can get it on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Nosefrida-NoseFrida-Nasal-Aspirator/dp/B00171WXII

Karen

Thanks! is that the kind where you provide the suction yourself?

junebaby07
11-06-2009, 02:15 PM
My pediatrician didn't recommend using a bulb syringe, but recommended we use little noses brand saline drops for our baby. Our 7 week old has been stuffed up since she came home from the hospital. We also run a cool mist humidifier all night...They don't completely solve the problem but they help somewhat.

sansdieu
11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't know why pediatricians are against them. Are they afraid of parents jamming them high up the kids' noses? When you have a stuffy nose, doesn't blowing it make you feel so much better?

Standard bulbs work pretty well (I always used them with saline drops), but my 2-yr old won't sit still enough for me to do anything, and someone here mentioned that there are "continuous suction" ones...

junebaby07
11-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I think my pediatrician was against it because the bulb syringe hitting against the small nasal passages can cause inflammation and make congestion worse.

For my 2.5 year old we use Boogie Wipes and taught her how to blow her nose eventually...