PDA

View Full Version : Need you BTDT moms - what does it feel like...

karenj2
11-05-2009, 05:55 PM
when the baby kicks hard enough for your SO to feel it?

I'm 21 weeks, and I can occasionally feel "Nemo" kicking/moving, but DH is getting impatient about feeling it. The thing is, I think we've both felt it on my belly, but just don't know what we're feeling.

Can you or your SO describe the first feelings of movement on the belly?

(My husband thanks you!)

Krisrich
11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't worry- your DH will KNOW he's feeling it soon! I am currently 29 weeks and you can actually see my belly moving when the baby moves for the past couple of weeks. It's very cool although, to be honest, it freaks DH out.

JBaxter
11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
To me the early kicks felt like bubbles popping in my tummy. I told DH to close his eyes and imagine a soap bubble pop. Dont worry he will be able to feel the baby kick SOON.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
like others said, don't worry, your DH will know it when he feels it, it will soon become hard to miss! its hard to describe, but i guess in the early stages, the sensation of bubbles popping is a good description.

in my case, it literally feels just like a "kick" from the inside. though my DH doesn't always feel the movements, depending on where the baby kicks (sometimes i can sense that he kicks internally, so my DH can't feel it, it's only when he kicks towards the outside)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
My DD was facing the opposite of most kids, her feet were on my right. They feared she fractured a false rib! She was an exceptionally active kid, still is. She jabbed towards the end, in the beginning it felt sparkly, like soda.

happymom
11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
My SIL always said it felt like a little fish swimming around inside her and every so often he would brush against the sides of the bowl. Thats pretty much what it felt like in the beginning for me. Of course as the baby got bigger, I felt hard kicks, not just little swishy feelings. Like everyone said though, your DH will feel (and see!) those kicks before you know it. Talking about this makes me miss those nights when I would lay in bed reading with my hand on my belly, enjoying all those kicks and bumps. The best is when youre resting a book on your belly while you read and you keep losing your place when the book pops up from a kick!! Enjoy these special times....I really miss them.:belly:

AshleyAnn
11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
DH complained and complained he could "never feel it" when she was wiggling and I could feel it but he couldn't then one day she just WHAM kicked and he just knew it was her. Later that night she repeated it while he was hugging me and there is just no question about it. Imagine if you poked him - that what it felt like only my hands weren't involved. She's now to the point she can kick things off my belly if I don't hang on to them.

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Soon enough he will be able to see the baby move in there. My dh would be sitting across the room and could tell when the baby rolled over. It's pretty darned cool. :) It is so hard to describe the feeling. It really just like you could imagine if you had someone on the inside elbowing you, for example.

Beth

AnnieW625
11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
DH could barely tell with Elisa until the very end and then he claimed he saw her foot kicking me one day right before I delivered. I never saw that so I can't comment on that one. DD was always moving around though, but I don't remember when I started feeling it. With the baby we lost I know I convinced myself I felt it moving around, but I honestly think it was wishful thinking on both our parts as at 22 weeks we found out it had Trisomy 18 and growth was already very slow, I think like 2 to 3 weeks behind. We lost the baby at 24 weeks.

Andi98989
11-05-2009, 06:39 PM
If it catches you off guard, then it's probably the baby moving. :) For me, at the beginning it was little "flicks" almost. I was 26 weeks before DH was able to feel DS moving around. He had to apply pretty firm pressure to my belly. After a few weeks, he was able to feel DS pretty regularly and would poke and prod at my belly to make him move around. :ROTFLMAO:

larig
11-05-2009, 07:23 PM
It felt to me at first like butterflies in the stomach. But as the baby gets bigger, like PPs have said, it is unmistakeable. You could see DS moving through my clothing. He was most active very late at night.

elektra
11-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I felt the fluttering too, arould 18 weeks or so. But DH wasn't able to feel anything until much much later. (30 weeks maybe?) And for me you could actually see an elbow or whatever moving it's way across my belly!

arivecchi
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Soon enough you (and your DH) will be wishing baby couldn't kick you so hard! The kicks get pretty strong towards the end of the pregnancy.

newg
11-05-2009, 10:28 PM
As pp said.........bubbles or butterflies........DH had to wait a bit longer before he could feel too...................after a while I could feel DD's feet, hands, head, butt pushing against me........right around my belly button was a hand or foot and DH would push and DD would push back!!
It was so cool..........................can't wait for more kicking one day..........

♥ms.pacman♥
11-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Soon enough you (and your DH) will be wishing baby couldn't kick you so hard! The kicks get pretty strong towards the end of the pregnancy.

i know! i couldn't feel any movement whatsoever until i was 17/18 weeks, and then it was just some fluttering/tickling feeling. But then by 27 weeks my baby was kicking me so hard it sometimes caused me a lot of pain (especially when he kicks towards the cervix or bladder..ouch!). It's amazing how fast they grow and strong they get!!