PDA

View Full Version : Totally Random - what is your ring tone?

Piglet
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I just got a Blackberry for work and the world of custom ring tones intrigues me! I feel like a kid, LOL.

So far I have picked the Super Mario theme because I like instrumentals better than ring tones with words.

What is your ring tone?

LD92599
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
a good 'ole fashion telephone ring! I'd never hear it otherwise!

infomama
11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
My ringtone sounds like an old rotary dial phone.
Text messages= a bell (think clock chimes...ding-dong-ding-dong)
Multimedia messages = galloping horse

lizzywednesday
11-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Except for my DH and BFF, my ring tone reminds me of Flight of the Bumblebee. (But it isn't; it just reminds me of it.)

I tend to pick the most annoying ring tone so that I know it's really my phone.

My next ring tone will probably be another one that comes with the phone. Or my college's fight song. I haven't decided yet.

R2sweetboys
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
My ringtone is the main chorus of the song Magic by Pilot.(one hit wonder..oh ho ho it's magic,you know...) I'm not really sure why, I just like the song. I think I heard it when the boys were watching the movie Doogal once. My old ringtone was an instrumental-the theme song to the show The Office.

vludmilla
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I have never downloaded a ring tone. I just choose one that comes with the phone. I choose one that is the least "jazzy". I detest ring tones with words or lyrics.

TwinFoxes
11-05-2009, 09:59 PM
For my husband it's "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera...when we were still childless we were at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and every time that song played the bartenders had to get up on the bar and dance. It was a combination of hilarious, and impressive, they were really good dancers (male and female!) I had never heard the song before. (not that you asked all that!)

For calls from home, it's a barking dog (we have two dogs)

For all other calls, it's an old fashioned telephone.

I used to have the Monday Night Football theme, which got me a lot of attention from random guys. This totally cute guy called me a "cool chick" once...but no worries, DH was right there, and he already knows I'm a cool chick. :)

Fun question...I can't wait to read other answers!

Gena
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Mine is the opening theme from Torchwood (the BBC series).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q842W3q9Kg&feature=related

cvanbrunt
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
For my husband it's "Rock the Casbah". Otherwise, "Purple Haze" is my default.

BabyMine
11-05-2009, 10:08 PM
"Take me on the floor" by The Veronicas

goodnightmoon
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode. It has an awesome beginning. :)

BigDog
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
"Island in the Sun" by Weezer. That song just makes me feel good.

maestramommy
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
We have the bottom of the barrel Motorola. So it's still the cheapy ringtones. Right now mine is playing a bastardized version of Vivaldi's Double violin concerto in A minor, first movement. I'd love to know who came up with that!

cvanbrunt
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode. It has an awesome beginning. :)

Have you heard the Johnny Cash version? Killer.

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
James Bond theme. I adore it. I get a good sense of urgency when it rings and people remark on it's awesomeness. :) I have had Mission Impossible and Sex and the City themes in the past too. I play Sleigh Ride during the holidays.

Beth

billysmommy
11-05-2009, 10:51 PM
DH is Pachelbel Canon in D

My brother, his friend and my best guy friend are "Good Ol' Boys" from Dukes of Hazzard

Everyone else is "Shipping up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys

hellokitty
11-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I originally wanted to use the harry potter theme, but it is too quiet to hear well. So, I am using the dr. mario theme, which is perfect, b/c it's not too annoying and nobody else really uses it.

westgre
11-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Mine is "Bad Things," the theme song from the True Blood series. I usually detest country songs, but there's something about that song.

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 11:25 PM
I originally wanted to use the harry potter theme, but it is too quiet to hear well. So, I am using the dr. mario theme, which is perfect, b/c it's not too annoying and nobody else really uses it.

Harry Potter was the ring I wanted but I couldn't find the exact one I wanted. I love the movie theme song.

Beth

purpleeyes
11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Hallelujah Here She Comes by U2.

Thatchermom
11-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Wonder Pets "The phone, the phone is ringing..." It was a dumb joke with my sister gone way too far. But I have found that every preschooler in a 50 foot radius lets me know my phone is ringing.

Before DH broke his good phone, he had "She drives me crazy" for me and "who can it be now" for everyone else. Guess we have strange humor in this family!

Kitten007
11-06-2009, 04:01 AM
DH ringer = Forever (It's You and Me) by Chris Brown

Family (parents, sisters, bro) ringer = Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie

Anyone calling = The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson

Messages = You Are Not Alone by Michal Jackson

Voicemail = The Climb by Miley Cyrus

Can you tell I love ringers? I am a musician so I :heartbeat: music.

JTsMom
11-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Currently it's Life Is a Highway by Rascal Flatts b/c it's DS's favorite song. I had Donald Duck for a while b/c he thought that was hiilarious. :)

egoldber
11-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Mine is a duck quacking. I love it. The best is being able to say things like...

"Excuse me, I have to get that quack."

or

"Is that me quacking?"

But then again, I am easily amused. :ROTFLMAO:

BillK
11-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I have 3 I cycle through:

"Two Minutes to Midnight" - Iron Maiden
"No One Like You" - Scorpions
"Soap On A Rope" - Chickenfoot

/bangs head

:banghead:

Corie
11-06-2009, 09:47 AM
My ring tone is the theme song to the Twilight Zone.

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Wonder Pets "The phone, the phone is ringing..." It was a dumb joke with my sister gone way too far. But I have found that every preschooler in a 50 foot radius lets me know my phone is ringing.

!

:thumbsup: that's :hysterical: I love it!

Beth

karenj2
11-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Right now mine is a snippet from a Yanni song, but I used to have a portion of the "Fantasmic!" end song (Fantasmic! is a show at Disney's Hollywood Studios). I like the one I don't have better, but when I switched phones I lost the ringtone. :(

A coworker of mine has one that says "Hello! You have a call, are you going to pick up??" or something like that - it's funny.

k_null81
11-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I love Disney so my ringtone is the music from Steamboat Willie! I also have When you wish upon a star!

ellies mom
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM

Before DH broke his good phone, he had "She drives me crazy" for me and "who can it be now" for everyone else. Guess we have strange humor in this family!

That is so cool!!!

I have a bunch.
The husband - Let's Stay Together by Al Green
The home phone - Our House by Madness
All others - Who can it be now? by Men at Work.

I like having a ringtone for everyone but I haven't gotten around to it with our most recent phones. I need to get on that. And maybe I'll give the Wonderpets ringtone a try because that is just great.

liz
11-06-2009, 10:57 AM
James Bond theme. I adore it. Beth

That's mine too. Love it!!

Agree with PP about "Personal Jesus"- awesome song. Will have to check out Johnny Cash.

Corie
11-06-2009, 01:07 PM
When we were in Ohio, I heard my brother's ringtone on his cell phone.

His ring tone is "I'm about to whip somebody's ass".

My kids heard it and they sang it the entire time we were there.

lizzywednesday
11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
My ringtone is the main chorus of the song Magic by Pilot.(one hit wonder..oh ho ho it's magic,you know...) I'm not really sure why, I just like the song. I think I heard it when the boys were watching the movie Doogal once. My old ringtone was an instrumental-the theme song to the show The Office.

My dad said that that song was from a Broadway show called The Magic Show or something like that ... his bank had a bus trip while my mom was expecting me. People could choose between that show and Annie. (My parents chose Annie ... and, to this very day, I am an Annie freak.)

AnnieW625
11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I am too cheap to download ring tones so I just have the generic ones that came with my phone.

lizzywednesday
11-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I am too cheap to download ring tones so I just have the generic ones that came with my phone.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! (DH doesn't understand why I won't d/l anything interesting ... *sigh*)

cvanbrunt
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM

I've never downloaded a ringtone. My husband has some program and just graps the snippit of the songs and we use that audio file. I, too, refuse to spend more money on my phone.

egoldber
11-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I've never downloaded or paid for a ringtone. Which is why I settled for quacking. ;)

liz
11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I've never downloaded a ringtone. My husband has some program and just graps the snippit of the songs and we use that audio file. I, too, refuse to spend more money on my phone.

:yeahthat:

Nooknookmom
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
My text is an old fashioned telley.

My ringtone WAS Welcome to the Jungle - Guns & Roses, but I deleted it somehow.

Now it's some generic tone that is like #7?