PDA

View Full Version : I need kitchen faucet recommendations!

ourbabygirl
11-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded recently about undermount kitchen sinks :D- now we're on to a new question: which faucet to get? We currently have an oil-rubbed bronze sort of look; just a regular faucet with a separate spray nozzle. Since I'm pickier than DH :D (and will be using it much more often), he's let me decide which one to get. I'm trying to decide between one the same color (bronze), or more of a brushed nickel, which is the color of our new sink. The problem is, our cabinet handles and hinges are gold/ brass (a remnant of the old owners' 90s taste), so I'm not sure how the silver would go with that. Also, I'm thinking of one of those faucets w/a nozzle that comes off the end rather than a separate sprayer.
What do you have in your own kitchen? Would you recommend it or say to steer clear of it? Anything particular I should be taking into account?

Thanks so much for your help! I'd love to get some input before buying a faucet, and we need one by Monday or Tuesday for the install.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
11-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Love it! But it's not cheap - mine was around $600.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Anything Grohe! Just plain quality!

Happy 2B mommy
11-06-2009, 12:40 AM
If you have a stainless steel sink, I would get a brushed nickel or brushed chrome faucet. Other finishes just look odd with a ss sink. And your faucet and sink are more of a single 'unit' than the faucet and your cabinet hardware. besides, it sounds like you don't like the cabinet hardware - maybe switching that out is your next project?

Pull-out spouts are really nice, but they are more prone to breaking simply because of the stress put on them when people pull them out. Depending on your faucet and how handy you are, it can be an easy DIY repair with parts covered under warranty to an expensive plumbers bill.

daniele_ut
11-06-2009, 01:37 AM
We had a new Delta Victorian faucet installed about 3 months ago and I really like it a lot. It's a high arc pull down. We have a SS sink and the faucet is brushed nickel. I'm either doing black or brushed nickel hardware on my oak cabinets.

I would definitely swap out your hardware. It's a cheap, easy project that will totally update the look of your kitchen.

craftysierra
11-06-2009, 01:49 AM
I left the plumbing sales almost 4 years ago so take this with a grain of salt. As of then the only company with a true stainless finish faucet was fredrick "grohe" Normaly just go by grohe not to be confused with hans grohe. You said you are more picky than your DH is why I mention this. All other acessories (drain, soap despensers etc) including faucets tend to be a stainless finish and will varry some in finish color and look so will not match exactly your stainless sink.

Sierra

infomama
11-06-2009, 01:58 AM
We have oil rubbed bronze hardware so our faucet is also ORB. Our sink is stainless but it is undermount so the faucet sits on the granite countertop, not the sink itself. Looks sharp.

galvjen
11-06-2009, 07:18 AM
We have this Hansgrohe. We remodeled one kitchen and used it for 2 years and when we moved to a new house, DH & I both insisted to have it again for kitchen remodel #2.
http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Hansgrohe-06128000-Swing-High-Arc-Pull-Out-Kitchen-Faucet---Chrome-13138.asp

ourbabygirl
11-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Everyone!
Yeah, our new sink is an undermount, too, so the faucet will be attached to the granite, not the sink- if it were attached to the sink, I would definitely do the same finish. I'm not sure if we'll be refacing the cabinets or not- no time soon, anyhow. If we did (we have oak now w/brass handles & hinges), I would want off-white cabinets w/ORB handles and no hinges showing! :)
I'd like to spend $250 or under and we need it really soon, so that's why we're looking at Home Depot, Menards (a midwest store like HD), and Lowe's. I do like that Victorian one someone mentioned... I like the pull-out faucet and saw some that have a pause button on it so the water stops; now that I saw that I'm kind of spoiled and want to get it ;). I would really hope the pull-out type wouldn't break down over time, but I have no way of predicting it. There's no reason we can't get the separate sprayer, I just thought it would be cool to have it all on one piece. So I guess the brands we're looking at are Delta, Moen, Kohler, and Price Pfister (and maybe American Standard)... the other ones the guys at the store said to stay away from, though there's a smaller brand made by Delta now that I guess is o.k. because they use Delta parts.