PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with 3 under 2? minivan, stroller ?'s

CrazeyJaneyR
11-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Okay, I have a 1 year old and I'm expecting twins in February.:47:

My questions - I have 2 chicco keyfit carseats - what stroller will fit htese?

Also - what minivan should I get that will enable me to get in and out to buckle all these kids? My daughter isn't even walking yet, so she can't get in and out herself..

Thanks!

o_mom
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Okay, I have a 1 year old and I'm expecting twins in February.:47:

My questions - I have 2 chicco keyfit carseats - what stroller will fit htese?

Also - what minivan should I get that will enable me to get in and out to buckle all these kids? My daughter isn't even walking yet, so she can't get in and out herself..

Thanks!

A double snap n go will work with those seats. You can do a search to find past posts on it.

Pretty much any minivan will work as long as you can remove or stow one of the middle row seats. What most people seem to like with that kind of setup (three rear-facing seats) is to remove one of the second row captains chairs. Then you can put two seats in the third row and the other one in the middle row. It gives you room enough to climb in or to set the infant seats on the floor while you strap the toddler in.

Another option would be an 8-passenger Sienna and put all three in the second row, but that may not be as easy to do. The 8-pass Sienna would give you the flexibilty later to do put all three in the middle row once they are older.

twowhat?
11-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I've heard anecdotal reports of people being able to install a Radian rear-facing in the "plus one" seat in the Honda Odyssey (this is the middle seat in the second row). If so, then you could do that and have the Keyfits on the outboard positions and be able to easily access them all.

Or, (again for the Odyssey), remove the plus one seat and push one of the captain's chairs to the center. Put both keyfits on the captain's chairs in the second row, and put your 1-yr-old's seat in the center position in the 3rd row. This configuration would give you enough room to access the 3rd row from the passenger side.

arivecchi
11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
You can get a Valco Twin Trimode with a toddler seat. I have a friend with a toddler who is having twins in Dec. and she got that for her 3 kids as she did not want a triple stroller. You can also add a toddler board to it and it is an awesome double. Pricey but great quality. She got hers off CL for $500 including the toddler board and the toddler seat.