PDA

View Full Version : Drinking cups for my family?

wencit
11-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm looking for cute drinking cups and was wondering if you have some you love? Only requirement is absolutely no glass (DS1 once cut his finger open when he dropped one) and no phthalates/BPA. I have some plastic cups from IKEA, but they are too small for DH and me. We're currently reusing the kiddie cups they give DS1 at restaurants, which seem to be a pretty good size, but I'm looking to upgrade to something a little more stylish, LOL!

Thanks for your suggestions!

sail731
11-06-2009, 02:59 PM
We got a nice set of clear acrylic (I think) at Costco with 2 sizes of cups. Cost was about $20.

daniele_ut
11-07-2009, 06:32 PM
We found some tempered glasses at TJ Maxx a few months ago that were 6 for $6.99. They are pretty much unbreakable.

I'm fairly sure that Ikea has a larger version of the kids plastic cups. We have some of the adult size bowls and plates.

Katigre
11-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I would reconsider glass personally. I wouldn't want to drink out of acrylic or other plastics - all plastics break down after continued use over time (even my #5 IKEA plastic dishes have gotten cloudy when they used to be clear - plastic breaking down).

I replaced all of our plastic dishes with glass (even for the kids) earlier this year and no one has cut themselves.

AshleyAnn
11-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I found that target sells a really great set of glass drinkware that is super hard to break. They aren't available on the website (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html?asin=B00005OUCI&colid=3EY8P3ZJCY3OF&coliid=I3LPJUMMTJ6N5C) anymore but my store still carries them. They are MUCH thicked than normal glasses and are super strong. I have them in clear and the blue and have had them dropped many times. I've had one break - My cat knocked one off a bedside table and it fell onto another that was laying on the floor on its side and it broke into 2 solid pieces. My mom has them too and has had a couple break but 2 were dropped in the driveway and another was thrown.