PDA

View Full Version : Another choc. covered peppermint jo jo's update - they are in!

MMMommy
11-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Follow up to Billysmommy's post. I'm at TJ's right now, and they are in! San Mateo, CA store in the "new items" endcap aisle.

Must. Buy. Now.

Seitvonzu
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
yumyumyumyum!!!!

billysmommy
11-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I am so jealous!!! I don't want to wait until next week :)

MMMommy
11-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Lori (billysmommy), I didn't mean to hijack your original post. But I figured that actual sighting warranted another thread. Ha, ha. May your TJ's be plentiful with them soon!

maydaymommy
11-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Follow up to Billysmommy's post. I'm at TJ's right now, and they are in! San Mateo, CA store in the "new items" endcap aisle.

Must. Buy. Now.

What makes me laugh about this is that you are IN the store and posting to BBB. I thought of doing that yesterday when I stumbled upon a Stride Rite warehouse sale by accident.

shawnandangel
11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I was just coming to post this! Went today and bought a box. Yum yum!

billysmommy
11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Lori (billysmommy), I didn't mean to hijack your original post. But I figured that actual sighting warranted another thread. Ha, ha. May your TJ's be plentiful with them soon!

It totally warrants its own thread!!! I'm so excited to know they're on their way :)

MMMommy
11-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I've eaten way too many already. Bad, bad, bad.

jenfromnj
11-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I really wish I hadn't read this! Especially since our new house is about 10 minutes from TJ's. Must. stick. to. WW.

JTsMom
11-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Wait, so what's up with Fairy's store? Am I missing something? Is there still hope? :praying:

MMMommy
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Wait, so what's up with Fairy's store? Am I missing something? Is there still hope? :praying:

Yes, there is hope. Some TJ's already have them in stock. The dark chocolate covered jo jo's with the crushed candy cane pieces.

ett
11-09-2009, 12:29 AM
I was at my TJ's in MA today and they only had the candy cane ones not dipped in chocolate. I bought a box of those and boy are they good. I can't believe I never knew about them before!

jent
11-09-2009, 12:37 AM
There is hope. I too spotted chocolate covered candy cane Jo-Jo's on the shelf at TJ's today. Bought the regular candy cane kind, though, b/c I'm not overly fond of dipped chocolate stuff.

elektra
11-09-2009, 01:28 AM
They have the regular peppermint ones in addition to the chocolate covered ones in CA. I bought some of the regular candy-cane peppermint ones this afternoon and the lady goes, "ooh, buying the peppermint joe-joe's already? You know the chocolate covered ones are in and they are really good too!" LOL! I of course thought of this thread. :)

happymom
11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
After reading all the posts about the choc covered peppermint joe-joes, I just had to pick up a box when I was at TJ's last night to see what all the hype was about. Mmmmmmmmm! Maybe I shouldnt have been so curious!:18:I keep eating one, closing the whole package and putting it away in the cabinet and thinking- this is IT. NO MORE. Then I find myself going back to the cabinet, opening the package....

They taste very similar to a cookie that are sold year-round in kosher grocery stores- made by a brand called Paskesz. They have a vanilla cookie as opposed to the choc one in joe-joes, but taste so similar. Just missing the sticky candy pieces. Here's what the box looks like.
http://www.paskesz.com/big/mintcooky.jpg
These are GOOOOOD. Even better frozen.

Anyone ever try freezing choc covered peppermint joe-joes?

daisymommy
11-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Springfield VA store has them :yay:

Twoboos
11-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I was at my TJ's in MA today and they only had the candy cane ones not dipped in chocolate. I bought a box of those and boy are they good. I can't believe I never knew about them before!

Did not need to know a MA ones has them... I was in Framingham last week (for about 6mins) and didn't see them on my quick pass through. Thank GOODNESS!!

billysmommy
11-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Did not need to know a MA ones has them... I was in Framingham last week (for about 6mins) and didn't see them on my quick pass through. Thank GOODNESS!!

Framingham has them as of last Friday :) I bought 2 boxes of candy cane jo-jos and 10 boxes of the choc-covered ones. We give the choc-covered ones as part of teacher gifts and as hostess gifts for any holiday parties we go to....they're a big hit :)

Twoboos
11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I bought 2 boxes of candy cane jo-jos and 10 boxes of the choc-covered ones.

OK maybe this is why I didn't see any - you bought them all!!! :ROTFLMAO: (just kiddin'... I can't say anything I bought 4 boxes of the pumpkin bread mix!!)

Brilliant to add them to teachers gifts!!

Melaine
11-18-2009, 10:39 PM
You guys do realize....

that all these threads are torture :6:

for those of us who don't even HAVE a TJ's.